Micra That Refuses To Die !

I have had my k11 super s for just over a year now , up untill recently it's great but everything seems to be going wrong now.
it has 136000 miles on the clock though , & i use it daily to get to work & back. a 30 mile round trip.
problems now are rusted through sump (i have a new 1 to fit)
blowing exhaust (system is knackered)
both front lower wishbone arms are worn.
but even with these problems it still takes me to work & back & always starts
first time !
what a great little car indeed....
i am planning on getting a full performace exhaust system , any ideas as to which is best & cheapest ?

mark

With a 136,000 on the clock, maybe you should switch to a lower mileage micra before putting a performance exhaust on!?

ceirwan

valid point !
my super s had 132000 and a long list of jobs pending after 7 yrs of abuse, so i bought a 400 quid, 2 lady owner minter and swopped a load of the bits over and kept the rest for spares

same here my red k10 did 136000 before the value stem sealshad gone...therefore it was smoking bad!

so i got my next one for £280 with 70,000miles on it...but to be truly honest my red k10 was faster! they are the same everything...but my high milage k10 would do so much more top end wise ;)

i think the engine had been replaced before i got it....
i know the gear box has been replaced (scrap yard marker pen paint on it)
just put on a k&n filter tonight that i had lying around in the garage & along with a cold air feed , this had already made it feel more responsive , especially lower down the rev range.
maybe i will make up a back box out of some stainless pipe i have , just to keep costs down...

mark

here's the pic of the air filter and cold air feed....
11122007083.jpg

since though my speedo had stopped working , guess there is a problem with the cable ?
what they like to change ?

mark

Back