Micra K11 Automatic 2002 ATF OIL COOLER

I changed the ATF over the weekend without problem BUT I noticed a black cannister on top of the gear box looking like an oil filter which I assume is the ATF OIL COOLER

Am I correct and should this be changed? If so where do I obtain a replacement. Is it easy to remove? What is inside the cannister? Your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated :(

Auto gearboxes dont have ''filters'' this black box ontop of the gearbox should just pull out and i think its just a plug for the filler hole? Hope im right and this helps!

the round black upright cylinder with the pipes leading to the intake system is the emissions control carbon canister which stores vapour from the fuel tank and releases it into the intake when the throttles closed.

never needs changing.

auto boxes do have filters i changed one on my scorpio i have anyway micras use a cvt box same designs as a scooter engine.

Yeah, they do have filters on them, althouth I dont know where specifically on micra autos. Have you a dipstick to check your fluid level? Does the fluid smell like burnt chip oil and if so its seriously overdue!!!!:suspect::suspect:

Hello K11micra
I repeat my original post on this subject which records" Exclamation Micra K11 Automatic 2002 ATF OIL COOLER
I changed the ATF over the weekend without problem BUT I noticed a black cannister on top of the gear box looking like an oil filter which I assume is the ATF OIL COOLER

Am I correct and should this be changed? If so where do I obtain a replacement. Is it easy to remove? What is inside the cannister? Your words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated

As you will see I have changed the ATF fluid but wonder if you can throw any light on the cannister which I describe

Any comments K11micra will be appreciated

Back