oil cooler

C

chie

i was in the scrappy for a door hinge today and cudnt find one so i started looking at intakes on different cars, and sumthing caught my eye on a toyota carina, an oil cooler (nothing special) but i followed the pipes to the filter on the front of the block and to my supprise there was a sandwick plate there (normally blocks are tapped) so i took it and the cooler and the bit the filter threads onto, by some chance it would fit so after paying the dude for it i went to halfrauds and tryed a k11 oil filter on the stalk that it screws to and suprise ... it fits, so im goin to try it on my spare motor on monday to make sure it all fits together properly, by the way it takes oil from the plate but returns to the sump, so you will need to put a tube on the sump for the return,

hope this is a help to people

there was no engine size badges on the back or number plates but the engine was a 4A-FE but you will see the cooler and plate as there on the front of the motor

Attachments

• carina cooler.jpg
    carina cooler.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 253
i try lol ill let you all know if it fits properly on monday nite after work :)

Ooh, how big is it and what they charge you for it?
I take it you will need to get some new hose to make it all fit nice then...

yea they would need to be longer then the toyota 1`s anyway as the k11 filter is on the back of the motor, it cost me £20 its about 7" x 6"

update****
it dont bold streight on, the thredded tube that takes the oil off is too long and has a different thread to the micra block, so i cut it down from 70mm and tig welded the threaded part off the micra block to give a total length of 50mm and this works perfactly, also you need to cut off the bit that sticks off the side of the plate that has toyota on it, to clear parts of the motor, and also remove the bracket that goes on the inlet manifold and the block,,

Attachments

• picture001.jpg
    picture001.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 224
  • picture002.jpg
    picture002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 234
  • picture003.jpg
    picture003.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 247
  • picture004.jpg
    picture004.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 189
  • picture005.jpg
    picture005.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 204
sexyjonah said:
can you make another adaptor & how much do ya want if ya can ££

if you could get me the bits i could weld it up but i dont think thers anymore of those in the scrappies that i go to, ill keep an eye out

Back