Micra in need of extra grrrr

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Ok so I got some wheels off Tredderk11 (Aidan) last week and am really impressed with them. When I was in Chesterfield, we went in his car to the ATM and I was blown away by his car. It just sounded awesome when accelerating and wondered what I would have to do to mine to get the same effect.

I know little about cars (but am learning) and I would guess it has something to do with the backbox? Not too sure. I just need my car to have a nice grrr noise when accelerating. Hope you guys can help :glance:

:k11green: :k11green: :k11green:

depending what hes got fitted, it may just be the induction noise you were hearing as you get a nice noise from that.

Best bet is to give him a shout and see what hes got :)

Induction can be done, just by opening up the intake pipe on the standard air box and fitting a wider pipe. (so basically free)

haha I think am going to add it to my Xmas list and pray that Father Xmas brings that back box :laugh:

:k11green:

you probably missed my post as i edited while you were replying...so just incase :) :

Induction can be done, just by opening up the intake pipe on the standard air box and fitting a wider pipe. (so basically free)

gives a good improvment aswell, and thats using stock everything else.

Cheers mate, will have a look at doing that when I go home for Xmas. At least I will have my dad to help who has got some experience with cars. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated :grinning:

:k11green: :k11yellow :k11green:

Mate first thing to try is that induction kit that you bought off me that should give a nice growl at full throttle, thanks dan and craig for the comments on me car. As dan said got a decat and a completly unknown backbox as it came with the car. On a side note nobody is getting my backbox lol. It does get some attention not always for the best lol.

Nice one Aidan will try that, could you just tell me what I need to fit and where. I know you told me when I got my wheels but I cant remember now lol :wasntme:

Mate your car is awesome, and I could imagine it attracting the wrong attention - Police! "achoo" lol. Hope all is well your end dude!

:k11motors

Alls good not so much the police as I work for them lol more like the scummy children who drink cider on a park of an eve lol. All you need is a jubille clip for the blue 90 degree pipe. In regards to removing the airbox its simple just take top of box off undo everything and hope your engine doesn't fall out if it does you undone to many bolts. Look in the Haynes if you not sure or text me and I'll ring you and walk you through it.

haha what position you at? yeah kids are little tearaways these days, need a bit of discipline!!

Cheers for that dude, much appreciated

I think I have one of those breathers when I got my induction kit from Aid. I think am going to fit the kit then see how impressed I am with the noise. Will keep this blog updated and continue on my mission for GRRRR lol

No not got any on here mate problems with my camara atm plus my car isn't how I want it it still looks like a bag of spanners want to get it spot on before I post anything up.

oh right mate, will try to get some pics of the wheels. Just need to find my memory card reader for the laptop grr

haha mate all my tools are back home in Liverpool and am at uni in Coventry! not had a chance to get back yet because am poor lol. When its fitted I will let you know buddy :grinning:

nice one mate, am contemplating whether to give it a go myself or wait for my dad to help me. Question is, can i wait for another 2 weeks?? probably not lol

Any updates on your car buddy?

Don't be lazy get it done yourself lol. Cars getting there matey not doing anything with with the clip or the bumper until it goes for the MOT in feb as need to save up some pennys, got a little bambeeno on the way now (that was news to me lol).

haha would love to mate. I suppose a congratulations is in order then mate!!!!!! :grinning:

All that money is now going to be spent on the sprog :doh:

Wooo don't start with that stuff Half on the sprog Half on the car lol it just means I have to babies (not including myself lol) in my life now plus my car was there first so it only fair that I split the money haha.

haha thats what i like to hear and I agree with your comment on facebook - but damn you for pointing it out :p
As soon as I get some money I will carry out the mods, the credit crunch has took its toll on me mate lol

haha that is true mate, but hopefully worth it after I graduate :p
So did you train with the police force or did you have to do some exam prior to entering the force?

Just a quick update, have fitted my induction kit now which sounds immense at full throttle :D

Also fitted SR boot lid (thanks to Davee C) so very happy with my car atm. Also getting some rear pop out windows from a guy on here after Xmas :p

When I finally get home (7 days to go), I am going to colour code wing mirrors and some interior parts. Not too confident on doing bumpers yet so will leave that as it is (plus cant afford my insurance to get any more expensive hehe). Will post pics ASAP

:k11green::k11green: K11 FOREVER :k11green::k11green:

"nice topic u have started scouse, i too are lookin to give my car (brum) a bit off . does that induction kit make a difference to the sound & the BHP??

so new to this so such a NOOB lol. wat other stuff have u done to ur car ??

also lookin to do the interior up aswell seen a nice set of LED speedo/dash kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-LED-DASH-...2|240:1318

syrup88 "

nice one mate! :D
Its made a massive improvement to performance (not sure on how many bhp) and the noise (at full throttle) is pretty immense. Would suggest getting one dude!

I have put SR alloys on, SR bootlid with spoiler, laguna splitter, induction kit, LED interior footwell lights, rear head rests and am going to colour code wing mirrors. Where about in Liverpool you from mate?

:k11motors:k11motors:k11motors:k11motors:k11motors:k11motors

to be honest craig it won't have made such a big improvment in performance just trick of the mind as it sounds so much better, and its about time you got it done how long you had it now lol.

"to be honest craig it won't have made such a big improvment in performance just trick of the mind as it sounds so much better, and its about time you got it done how long you had it now lol. "

really mate? I feel so deceived lol. Nah am made up with up man, puts a smile on my face now. Yeah it is about time that I got it fitted as well *puts head in shame* Hope all is well mate :D

:k11motors:k11motors:k11motors

Back