brain dead moron in need of help !!!!!

hi guys ,
just wondered if anyone could help, just got home from work in the wifes micra (k10 1.0 auto) , pulled up outside home and the engine started racing just like the throttle had stuck, turned the key off and she carried on running on what sounded like 2 cylinders and would'nt stop turned the key back on and she went back to normal, still racing, managed to stop it after much swearing and cursing , just wonderd if any one has come across this before, is it easy to fix or does it need the garage, any advice would be a great help,
many many many thanks in advance
all the best
bob

Ok check the throttle dampers on the carb to see if they had stuck. I am more concerned why you had so much overrun with the ignition off. That would suggest to me that your engine is very clogged up with carbon and was effectivly Dieseling (bad news for engines, and can fry headgaskets, as ignition is unpredictable) although if the throttle did shut properly this probably would not be an issue. Either way it is important you look into both of these.
Ed

thanks ed ,
throttle damper was sticking,sprayed damper and linkages with wd40
and all seems ok again, shes due for a service soon so i'll get her cheked properly then.
once agian many thanks
bob

Back