• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Meji's Micra :D

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Hey :D I'm Jack I live in County Durham and here is my actual first car so ofcourse I'm new to thiss.
I'm just gonna update this starting post with the stuff I actually do to the car.

This is the car when I bought it.
PICT0069.jpg

14th June
----------
De-stickered.
Removed bump-strip.

15th June - SCRAPYARD TRIP :D
----------
Fitted cheap exhaust trim (found on a micra from the scrap yard :D) £2 ;D
IMAG0003-Copy.jpg

16th June - Theory and Hazard Perception
----------
Passed :D

17th June
----------
Fitted new door handles from a micra in the scrapyard.
Replaced water coolant bottle thing.
Fitted windscreen wash cap thingy.

20th June
----------
Wash, polish, buffer, grind, primer, paint.
Replaced oil filter and topped oil up too.

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Just bought clear side repeaters for £8 from ebay.

I'd love to come but I'm only just doing my Theory test on the 16th :D
If i get my insurance sorted i might have to drag my dad along too like
but i doubt it for now ill be up for any meetings after ive passed my test and the cars through its MOT.

looking good so far mate if you need a hand with out give me a shout as i aint to far away either

same for you to stevie if ya need a hand just holla

I'm gonna be removing the black strip down the side of my car tomorrow, I was just wondering is it JUST GLUE or is there bolts or clips or anything else involved?

They've got 2 sticky strips holding then on.I usually use those break off ultra sharp knives that decorators like & carefully score up and down the moulding a few times making sure you don't damage the paint before pulling the mouldings off.
You'll be left with sticky stuff on the panel to get rid of.I use cellulose thinners to soften it up then scrape it off,usually with my thumbnail.You can get 5 litres of "gunwash" which is cheap thinners from automotive paint suppliers for about £5.Don't get ripped off buying little bottles on the high street,it comes in handy for cleaning stuff when you've finished the bumpstrips..
Finished my nearside this week(after driving around with glue for 2 weeks!) & used a hot air gun to warm the glue then scraped it off with my fingers then cleaned the remainder off with thinners.

door handles

You may be able to get new pattern ones,they do them for VW's.They break often so someone may make.If not I wonder what Nissan charge....
Try your local panel/material suppliers for some patterns first...

I'm gonna be going to the scrappy sometime this week because the bloke has a few micras in there so I'm gonna take some handles off them like.

Also I've taken all the stickers off with a heat gun, and I ripped my bumpstrips off.

I've done one side of the bumpstrip glue, gonna do the other in an hour or so then use thinners to get the rest off.

What kind of thinners am I looking at though?

All help is very much appreciated :D

Tomorrow.

Well because I'm poor and can't afford alloy wheels, I'm gonna be painting my trims grey again -_- oh joy. But should at least make the car look tidier (Y).

I'd do the wheels in black as you have the black bumpers and that bit of black trim at the bottom. Is that an anti stone chip strip thingy?

Looks good!

Them wheels do look good! I'm gonna show my dad that :)

And no the black strip is just what the previous owner painted on to cover his welding -_-

Today I re-painted the trims and that black strip at the bottom.
Couldn't be arsed to sand the trims or anything, I literally just painted them lol :D

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0023-Copy.jpg

Back