My new car... :D :D :D (56k warning!!)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Well I have finally moved away from the micra world, and today bought a 1.8 VW Golf GTi 1.8 Turbo. Insurance is coming down now so I had a look around to see what I could get and after alot of looking, today I went and placed a deposit on the car hehe. I should be picking it up about Tuesday. Its in good condition, and although it needs a few things just to tidy it up they are all things which I could do. Looking forward to driving it now, can't wait!!! Its very smooth and quiet, but when you put your foot down the vroom tsshh noise is certainly enough to put a smile on my face. :D A totally different league to the little micra. :) Let me know what you think. I will get some better pics later on when it has had a wash and a polish etc lol, and actually is in my ownership. :D

media3.jpg

I think those are good cars and that you should get in contact with a company called Jabbasport, they did wonders om my mates Ibiza Cupra (very simmilar engine)

Thats also the best colour for those mk4 golf's

very nice mate, my mate has one with the cream/black interior, luxury compared to a micra lol, well done mate! :D how much u pay BTW?

59 bhp is more than enough said:
yeah the 20v engine is good, leaves room for an s3 engine. that should go straight in.

The only physical differance is the S3 having the larger K04 turbo instead of the K03.... new turbo and a re-map could easely see 250bhp:wasntme:

Noooooooo, u can't get it in Jazz blue, thats the colour i want to get it in!!! A mate of mine has the exact same one, and i've been in love with it ever since lol!!! A very fast car that handles very well. :D

Hehe, sorry Ems but it had to be done. I thought it was about time to get a bit more grown up car now lol, so that was partly the reasoning for getting it, although it was still have some nice changes made to it, nothing like the micra though!!! Plans so far are coilovers, recondition one of the rims... hmm diamond cut!!! There are a few little niggly bits which also need tidying up such as a dent in the rear quarter so I will get that sorted. Then just a damn good polish, and a few other nice subtle touches. I got it for £4.5k, not too bad considering its pretty low mileage, its age and in decent condition. :)

good solid cars mate :)but mr2's are better ;) i tell you mate once youve had a newer car for a few months you'll wonder why you didnt let go of the micra sooner ;)

Lol, nope I will be taking extra good care of this one. Anything I do to it will be subtle anyway, but should all be stuff I could do myself. I trust my own work so its all good lol. :D Won't be risking anything like that happening again though. :|

micra man said:
Lol, nope I will be taking extra good care of this one. Anything I do to it will be subtle anyway, but should all be stuff I could do myself. I trust my own work so its all good lol. :D Won't be risking anything like that happening again though. :|

If you want any Bodywork done, use Barwell or I'll slap you :p

Kev

Lol, I don't think there will be anything too extensive, but yeah I will do lol. I won't risk anything going wrong with this one. As for leaving it standard, where's the fun in that hehe?? :p But no, won't be anywhere near the extremes of the micra though. Just nice and subtle is the way to go now. :)

golfs are phat! i swear by them have had a few in my time from mk1 to mk2 lol!

driven a few mk3's not really a big fan of them like the VR6's though, mk4 turbo is good but not good enough after driving one thats being slightly tuned, ecu remap exhaust system etc etc soon have that badboy flying!

Will probably get some better pics at the weekend, but here are some pretty decent ones now hehe. I'm in love already. :D :) :D

PA240107.jpg

PA240110.jpg

PA240111.jpg

PA240109.jpg

PA240112.jpg

PA240108.jpg

No car is good if it breaks!!! Can happen to any hence the reason I chose one with a good reputation for build quality. :)

Lol Ems, how do you plan to do that?? :eek:

tis true, although the rep is totally overplayed and now SEAT owns VW and is costing cutting, just like renault! Watch out for the pedal box, if your clutch becomes bad, or the gearbox etc, its probably the pedal box. Seems to be really common across a lot of VW and SEAT cars. Im not a huge fan of golfs but i love the colour :]

Very nice!

I thought you've only just started a placement year though.....how on earth can you get such a nice car so quickly...!!!

The placements wages are not exactly good!

Back