• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's G#

Status
Not open for further replies.
its getting there, box cluth and the lot is in.
-1-3.jpg

You cut that gear knob down? :eek:
I'll go over the garage and have a look for those bits in a second.

a bit of chop-chop weld-weld eh george ?
hybrid/crossbred nissans FTW eh Z :grinning:

Attachments

• SDC12427.JPG
    SDC12427.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 502
indeed sir. Do you know whether the sr20 AFM gonna work fine with the march?

baguete could,nt get a GA maf to run properly even with a nistune board george :eek: (which is why i opted to cut the CG one off and use that personally)
but you may be lucky :), and get it working ok ?

baguete could,nt get a GA maf to run properly even with a nistune board george :eek: (which is why i opted to cut the CG one off and use that personally)
but you may be lucky :), and get it working ok ?

As far as i can see (and going from what Matt @ NIStune told me), the GA MAF (and CA MAF) uses a different resolution (56 points instead of 64 points on the other Nissan MAF's) and creates problems on getting propper AFR's, thats why i will change my turbo setup to SR20DET MAF+injectors, makes things easier.

Just noticed (how i missed the original post i dont know) you're building the same intake manifold hybrid as im currently considering building, i need to upgrade the maf so the intakes gonna get fiddled with anyway...seems like a good enough excuse to test eh. :D

How much weight have you shoveled of that flywheel??
Still trying to find somewhere to do mine.

Just noticed (how i missed the original post i dont know) you're building the same intake manifold hybrid as im currently considering building, i need to upgrade the maf so the intakes gonna get fiddled with anyway...seems like a good enough excuse to test eh. :D

I will let you how i get on and if you do too pls. Im just in but of a #### money state atm so i cant really do much

thats the same flywheel i have its weights bout 2.6kg it makes throttle response serious in neutral anyway lol, i bought mine off mayes on here if anyone else is looking for one, sorry for spamming

I will let you how i get on and if you do too pls. Im just in but of a #### money state atm so i cant really do much

Yeah will do, I need to find a cheap manifold first so dunno how quickly it'll get built or if it'll get built. Trying to spend as little as possible really. :)

Yeah will do, I need to find a cheap manifold first so dunno how quickly it'll get built or if it'll get built. Trying to spend as little as possible really. :)

the glanza come up on ebay sometimes. i got mine for 99p and 8 postage :D and the CGA with the injectors and rail for 15 from local scrap yard. not too bad

the glanza come up on ebay sometimes. i got mine for 99p and 8 postage :D and the CGA with the injectors and rail for 15 from local scrap yard. not too bad

Its possible ive seen you purchase in the google cache :)

Theres a couple on ebay now, £25 bare and iirc £50 with it all the bits on...so that aint happening haha.

sorry to jump on an old thread... but what is that manifold? from reading it's a Glanza inlet manifold... am I right? and how does it fit? :) Curious :)

Its not old thread at all, I just cant be ****ed to update. lol. Its glanza one, and not done yet, but they were doing it in japan. You just need to chop chop and weld weld, done!
Ill post here once its done.

To make things different I decided to take all the sticker of after the winter, they were all faded from the gritting salt and I got bored of them. That my make some people happy. lol. not doing it for them though, I think I'm gonna go for slightly different look now. I'm gonna try to make the car look a bit more modern, xenon like lights and some LED rear light they use in taiwan as k11 are still being made there in third facelift. Some LED light bulbs in the fog lights as a driving lights. Since I did the conversion the clutch was really heave and the cable has snapped, so I'm waiting for new clutch, gonna clean/degrease the bellhousing and install the 2.6kg flywheel I had for a while. Will keep you updated.

This is how she is atm. Installed some led running/fog light bulbs. It was bit of a paint because they were massive.
I'm gonna be putting the box on tomorrow as I need some help with it.
68e3b36d.jpg

the box is a tight one, i leaned over the passenger wing grab'd box from inner caseing edge lifted and it wiggle'don after 3 attempts
try lowering the car/eng to it a little

need to save up for tyres now :D
32379204.jpg

43efa1e5.jpg

Gearbox is also done with the lighten flywheel, just need to put the oil in, check it all over and then test drive it

Clutch/Gearbox went fine?

After bit of swearing yes :D clutch needs adjusting still. Revs like a bike now with the 2.6 flywheel. The revs drop quite quick too though.
The car is now of the road because I dont have money for the tax. lol. I rather buy wheels and put them on car that cant be driven .lol

The car is now of the road because I dont have money for the tax. lol. I'd rather buy wheels and put them on a car that cant be driven .lol

You are now only a small step away from the downward spiral that leads to the purchase of wheels that don't even fit your car, just in case you buy one that they do. :)

Are we going to get treated to any trial fit pics before the retro stars get tyres?

rear with 32mm spaces compare to the minilight setup i had on the sr

wheelimage.php

front with 5mm spacers compare to the minilight setup i had on the sr, probably gonna get away without front camber which was just a pain
wheelimage.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back