• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martha the Micra

Blue

Ex. Club Member
hi guys had my car since feb just wanting to show the modifications that the previous owner has done and the ones that i have planned (or done). gona keep it subtle as it is my first car dont want to bump up my ridiculous insurancegrr! or attract too much attention from the law:p Enjoy!

these are the modifications that the previous owner did:

Rear skirt
Big bore chrome end (that fell off)
White side repeaters
added chrome 16V Badges (removed black 16V stickers)
added chrome 1.0 badge on the hatch (glued back on as the . part fell off)
removed inspiration badge/sticker
front splitter
painted front callipers
racing pedals
carbon fibre gear knob
Mp3 CD player head unit (did have a power amp/sub in boot but was removed wiring still in place)
added 2 way sony door speakers

i will post the mods that i have and intend to do and any pics for them in the next post.

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 368
here are the mods that i have done and intend to do:

Replaced big bore end (with one that doesnt rattle on skirt/wont fall off!).
Replaced brake pads.
replaced brake disks (were original 10 years old and badly pitted:eek:!) only £20 well worth it as they now stop the car.
Changed interior light for Blue Ultra bright LED one.
Changed heater control bulbs for Ultra bright LEDs.
Changed speedo bulbs for ultra bright LEDs (had to melt the bulb holders slightly to get them in but work fine).
painted speedo needles white.
installed kenwood 6x9 deck speakers with connectors so parcel shelf can be removed. must say excellent sound quality (so good no need for a sub or amp!) but that could be due to the bass and treble booster on the Mp3 CD player. speakers only cost £31.
touched up various scratches on the body work.
fixed falling off glove box lid Using drill and cable tie (sounds dodgy but works perfectly and invisible).
added a blue metalic tax disk holder (was held on with sellotape).
new mats to replace tatty ones that kept getting caught under my clutch pedal.

after changing the speedo lights i couldnt see any of my needles on the way home from work:doh: (in the dark) so i painted them white the next day and can see them now in the dark. ( u can see this in the pictures).

Mods that i intend to do in the future.

change seats and door cards for a set out of a Tempest (Bought 2 day).
replace wish bones (Sat in the garrage).
paint rocker box cover (spare bought 2 day).
alloy spare (see post in wanted section)
spray rear drums blue.
clutch needs adjusting due to a late bite point.
add alarm and central locking system
Blue cold cathode footwell lights

ive posted the old door cards and seats on the buy and sell thread in reasonable condition if any one interested:grinning:

well thats every thing that i intend to do for now as i dont have any money left! will post pics after ive made the improvements / mods stated.

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 403
right thought it was time to update the blog.

ive now completed
my change of interior
sprayed my drums blue
adjusted the clutch which is now much better (I can now feel what the cars doing!)

the wishbones and the alarm/central locking are both summer jobs im still looking for the alloy spare which i have now discovered are off an Si 1.3 (thanks squarepants) if any one has one please contact me!

ive also started painting my rocker box cover after two weeks sanding!

will need a new exhaust system soon as its still on the original and is looking very rusty:( probably gona go for a big bore if it will fit into the hole cut in the rear skirt.

well that's it for now.(Y)

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 369
Latest Martha news

Just placed my painted rocker box cover on and added some neon footwell lights. Heres a few pics

All I have left to do now is my alarm system, central locking system and wishbones. will also start getting the alloys reconditioned slowly once ive got hold of the spare and may have a respray if i dont get bored before then!
I will probably try to have my alarm and central locking done in the next few weeks. (the kits are currently in the post and on there way:grinning:)

the wishbones will probably be done after the Jap Show on the 21st at Santa Pod. http://www.japshow.co.uk/

well thats it for now. :blues::k11motors

hopefuly ill see some of u at the Jap Show!

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 415
the modds i want to keep quite subtle so at a distance you you wouldnt know about the blue interior lighting (mainly the footwell). Would like a KandN air filter if it doesnt bump my insurance up too much. probably gona leave it a year till i have my 1 years no claims bonus and then ask.

Btw barto your blog is cool and the car looks good i realy like the tights on the front lights(Y).

Dad the worst bringer of temptation

my dad has just talked me into looking at adding a pillar mounted rev counter which i am gona do as i think it will look good (stupid ability to picture things in my headgrr). But the moneys low so ive set a budget of 30quid inc wire, housing, extra trim (thx for the tip Tom), and the counter itsself. lo and behold its possible give or take a couple of quid!:D

oh just sorted my alarm and central locking out on sat (pics of wiring hell 2 follow)tided now:grinning: and a few more pics of various little jobs.

i did manage to lock myself in the car when the central locking fired itsself during testing at 11.30pm. however it kept locking again when i unlocked it from the inside lol, got out eventualy when my dad disconected the battery:laugh: sorted now works a treat.

so pics to follow soon.
and more money whey!:k11motors

little odd jobs

well heres the pictures of wiring hell. i ve also sprayed my manifold shield in pot black as well as the air filter box. and my pillar mounted rev counter project which is in its final stages.

jobs left to do

finish rev counter inc wiring
replace front wishbones
blue metalic aluminium oil filler cap (in post)
ultra white xenon headlights ( in post)
blue conduit for engine bay ( waiting for supplier of the people ive ordered it off to restock them)

thats it for now just general touching up of the body work

oh and find a spare alloy!

pics of the finished rev counter to come.

Attachments

• SSA52116.JPG
    SSA52116.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 401
  • SSA52117.JPG
    SSA52117.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 361
  • SSA52112.JPG
    SSA52112.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 387
  • SSA52115.JPG
    SSA52115.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 357
  • SSA52111.JPG
    SSA52111.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 362
  • SSA52113.JPG
    SSA52113.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 368
  • SSA52076.JPG
    SSA52076.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 402
  • SSA52074.JPG
    SSA52074.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 385
  • SSA52108.JPG
    SSA52108.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 371
right thx for the comments guys just finished my rev counter project heres the results!

plus the ultimate blue light show!

just a few small bits to put on now (most in transit via royal mail).

Attachments

• SSA52118.JPG
    SSA52118.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 404
  • SSA52120.JPG
    SSA52120.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 381
  • SSA52121.JPG
    SSA52121.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 350
oh mate that looks awesome!

i would massively appreciate it if you could give me the link to where you got that counter from,

really neat and subtle, i really like that :)

well done, its a really tidy little car,

btw you could always buy a K&N panel filter and not declare it and just say it was a replacement :)

its only an airfilter at the end of the day.....

though i would suggest pipper cross..... i just think they look sexy lol

New rev counter

glad you like it heres the links
the rev counter has 5 wires

1. light positive ( i connected this to the heater console lighting [red wire with blue stripe]).

2. light negative (i joined the tacho negative with the light negative and then conected to one of the negative points for my alarm which is connected to the negative on the battery).

3. dizzy wire conected to the dizy in the engine bay.

4. tacho positive (connected to the ciggy lighter).

5. tacho negative ( i connected the two negatives together on the same point).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rev-Counter-,...ose-joint_W0QQitemZ380127612292QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Single-Pillar...34.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301:1|293:1|294:30

theres the two links just e mail them and ask them to post them together and they will.(Y)

if u need any more help just ask.:)

btw with the non standard panel filters does the engine sound more aggressive or is it still quite subtle?

Good looking blue micra (blue is the best colour) makes me miss mine :eek:( Did you think about respraying the center console? I did mine and I think its a nice little addition.

ive thought about the center console. But i want it to look relatively standard that way in the dark when all of the blue lights are on people will sort of do a double take, afterall it is only a micra:laugh:

would possibly like it to sound a bit more agressive hence considering a induction kit or non standard panel filter. a big bore could be tricky to fit in the small space where my skirt is on the back.

You can have a listen to mine on the 4th. I just have a Induction kit in mine and it gives a bit of grunt and a cool sound of the air being sucked into the engine while ticking over.

I want to paint my rocket cover too so you can tell me all about that in return for listening to my car xD

Great Blog so far Blue, like the blue foot wells, I've done the same to mine but mounted lamps to the plastic corner covers. Might have to do that Rev counter you should post pictures of the connections for the rev counter fitment..

I want to paint my rocket cover too so you can tell me all about that in return for listening to my car xD

yer sure its not that hard to do its just having the time to do it over all it took me about 3 - 4 weeks to finish and then i dribbled thiners on itgrr so its not as good as it looks before it was on the car so im in the process of painting the one whic was on the car originaly.

Might have to do that Rev counter you should post pictures of the connections for the rev counter fitment..

ill get round to the pics asap when its not raining:glare:

the foot well lights are actualy cold cathode PC case lights adapted for car use:p

You thought about putting a cone filter in since the meet? I'm sure you heard the cars with no exhaust and a cone. Quite a cheap and satisfying mod tbh!

probably gona get a pipercross panel filter (cheaper than the K&N ones) that way if I am pulled and the cops look under the bonnet they will be non the wiser. plus I don't have to declare it with the insurance:wasntme:

the cone filter may be a possible future mod once ive got some no claims bonus for the insurance.

going to stick with a quiet exhaust. again don't want to attract too much attention.

as long as i can get a nicer sound from the engine without it being too loud then i will be chuffed(Y).

heres a few pics of my new oil filler cap and some pot blacked engine parts.

Just ordered a pipercross air filter and some window sticker paper to make my own custom stickers. ive posted these below in a PDF for everyone to have a look at.(Y)

just a few of jobs left to do:

get an alloy spare.
tint rev counter as it is too bright.
replace front wishbones.

possible jobs:

Respray and dent removal
reconditioning of alloy wheels

Attachments

• SSA52131.JPG
    SSA52131.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 344
  • SSA52123.JPG
    SSA52123.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Micra Window Stickers.pdf
    80.4 KB · Views: 355
right time for the final wave of modifications now my insurance has dropped

Janspeed 3" Exhaust system
K&N cone filter
Strut brase
Alloy reconditioning

watch this space(Y)

Welcome back, almost exactly a year! I'd do the strut brace first - made a real difference when I had my K11 :). Where abouts in Manchester are you? Forgot to mention, I love the tacho. Always wanted one in my k11 but back then noone knew how :doh:.

went into winter hibanation and found SCUBA Diving which almost bancrupted me kit cost more than the car! problem is cars payin up now just when i want to start my next and probably last wave of mods grr im in Tameside btw

Nice Looking Micra you have there Blue, You've got the Same Rev Counter as me though I don't know if my one works yet as the Micra Doesn't Start, lol.

Keep up the Good Work, your rocker cover looks good as well.

YES!! Back on the road after three and a half weeks after replacing
fuel filter
sparks
Throttlebody
Lambder
Dizzy Cap and Rotor arm
finaly found out that the ECU Temperature sensor on the engine block was faulty,
now got to pay of my debts over the next couple of months and work out a time scale to implement my next stage of mods:grinning:

one of my original side light finaly blew so i ve gone for white LEDs and have replaced a bulging hose and in the process removed the nissan rusty jubilee clips and replaced them with stainless steel ones which looks good oh and a picture of the horn painetd blue which i did a while back but didnt get chance to post any pics. very little rusty looking parts left under the bonnet now. things left to do.

replacement front wish bones
Front strut brace OMP sprayed Hamerite blue
repaint my 2ndary rocker box cover
induction kit
cat back 2" Jan speed backbox and pipe
alloy wheel reconditioning
respray and dent removal
re-carpet in navy blue
chrome gear knob

and bobs your uncle

looking at getting all this done in the next year or two.

Attachments

• SSA52187.JPG
    SSA52187.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 274
  • SSA52189.JPG
    SSA52189.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 298
  • SSA52197.JPG
    SSA52197.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 294
  • SSA52198.JPG
    SSA52198.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 282
  • SSA52199.JPG
    SSA52199.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 294
  • SSA52200.JPG
    SSA52200.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 273
  • SSA52201.JPG
    SSA52201.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 271
  • SSA52194.JPG
    SSA52194.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 258
  • SSA52192.JPG
    SSA52192.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 272
lol never thought of it like that but yes blue bells it looks good from a distance because ive got the stainless steel alan key bolts in the bottom grill and then you can just make out the blue bells :grinning: through the top drivers side grill as you can in the picture on the second row second one in the picture doesnt do it justice realy, it looks better in the flesh.

Love the work you've done!

Wonder how you've done the foot well lights? I've planned that mod in white a while a go after spotting my mate's '01 Laguna. It's beautiful :)

ah, another question: How did you change the colour of your seats. I f***d up mine with some upholstery paint grr
p1080699.jpg

my footwell lights are cold cathode lights for a computer case http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...=aps&hvadid=6159675305&ref=pd_sl_1lcx3tue5q_b
the original seats i hated as they were bright orange i swaped out for a set out of a tempest for £100 inc the door cards. it was just pure look that they matched the colour of my car. hope you manage to find a set to match your car m8.

I hope I'd find some solution that will work and won't brake the Money Holder's bank :)
At the moment it's an utter disaster (I even covered the seat with a throw do not feel ashamed every time I look at it :()

ahhh recieved this a couple of days ago and managed to fit it just before it rained. will get some pics of the interior with the new gear knob once ive given the car a clean.

Attachments

• SSA52204.JPG
    SSA52204.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 259
  • SSA52203.JPG
    SSA52203.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 250
  • SSA52208.JPG
    SSA52208.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 264
yer part from the anoying rattle that it causes against the screw thread will have to pump it full of silicone that should sort it (Y)

quick update recieved these on tue in the process of spraying the strut brace just got to lightly sand it and spray it a couple more times. stuck in town tomorrow while my wishbones are fitted. oh here's some pics of my dads new toy.

Attachments

• SSA52212.JPG
    SSA52212.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 244
  • SSA52213.JPG
    SSA52213.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 265
  • SSA52211.JPG
    SSA52211.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 257
  • SSA52214.JPG
    SSA52214.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 265
  • SSA52210.JPG
    SSA52210.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 260
  • SSA52215.JPG
    SSA52215.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 252
finaly got the strut brace on the car and the new sound system in, much better than the old one can now connect USB and IPod plus a more complex EQ.(Y) induction kit in the post and finished rocker box cover to go on over the weekend. oh and some pics of the interior all lit up.

Attachments

• SSA52216.JPG
    SSA52216.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 242
  • SSA52218.JPG
    SSA52218.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 246
  • SSA52217.JPG
    SSA52217.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 257
ah got this on wed buuut insurance wont cover meee!!!grr so its going to be moth balled till feb 2011when my insurance is up for renewl :down: i plan to get the cat back ss system and also store it before the VAT increse comes in in jan.

Attachments

• SSA52219.JPG
    SSA52219.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 229
  • SSA52221.JPG
    SSA52221.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 246
Back