• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Manipulated Micra

Hey guys/girls,

I plan on modding my Nissan Micra K11, and could do with some ideas of what else I could do with it look wise.

Do note, as mentioned in a previous thread, I am photoshopping as it were the images I took the other day, to add these mods, to see how they could look on the car once done. I think its a clever way to piece the idea together without actually messing, though this mod would have probably have been quicker to have done on the real car by now, haha

I've took images of all sides so I plan to manipulate each one

Any ideas would be appreciated

So far on the front:

cartest.jpg

Removed the badge (its strange what a difference this can make),
Took the inside metal out, and added mesh instead

If i remember correctly the badge has two holes in the bonnet it attaches too, these will need filling.

Haha, and here I was thinking it'd be like the badges at the back, and simply stuck on :(

It's possible I could fill it, but what do you guys do if you want to sell the car on at a later date? It'd probably sell modified though I reckon, especially with the mileage I'll crank up on it.
It's at 10,800 now, and was around 10,500 or so when I bought it :)

Is it a hard job to do? As it'd have to be repainted? My first job you see this on any car if I actually manage to progress with it.

It's strange what taking a badge off can do to a cars look, and I certainly think it makes it look more aggressive, and with those chrome middles took out and the plastic cut away.

I've tried colour matching the chrome as well blue like the car, and it doesn't look as good

I have a Tempest too, in grey, and I just changed the grill for the black non-nostril ones off the 98-2000 models I believe, and colour-coded my badge to match. Surprising how much difference it makes to the look. Have you thought about the chrome grill from a 98/99 model instead of having to cut bits away?

If it still fit the grills from the 2002 model I have then yeah, I wouldn't see why not.
Only problem being that my bonnet and the grill is one unit, whereas on images I've seen of other earlier K11's, they are two separate pieces.

Been looking for some, but can't find any without the middle chrome bit, unless I get one and then cut it up so I'm not doing it on the original

Thanks for the help, but they have the middle chrome parts as well, and mine look like that now :(
I'd rather not have them, and instead put a grill behind like in the picture.

Is that possible to do?

This is how my car looks at the moment:

original2.jpg

Ah I see what you mean now, I thought you wanted a grill like yours but one that was smooth/flush with the bonnet haha, sorry.
I think the only way to do it then would be to cut out the middle section, but if you unclip the outer chrome lip pieces it should be easier to do :) Hope this helps.

Thanks SK193. I may get a replacement so if I ever wanted to go stock, I could quite easily on the parts I do.
Not sure about removing the badge though if I have to fill in holes however... Hmm...

Back