• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

DSCF2960.jpg

I'll up the stakes Seb, that's SEX with whipped cream and maple syrup on top (Y).

Lolz, it's all right but its not that good.

More lows, camber and 8"s and it'll be on its way.

I get a rather pleasent surprise on the way home, a chap in a fairly new astra pulled alongside and gave big smiles thumbs up and Ok signs. Made me happy. :grinning:

Lolz, it's all right but its not that good.

The only way to improve that mark would be a fat stainless zorst that didn't stick out much but filled the hole completely and maybe a tad more camber :grinning:.

I'm not a massive fan of a large tail pipe. Maybe slightly larger than the trim thats on it but I certainly wouldn't go any bigger than that, and I'd like it sticking out a way too.

Exciting stuff today :glare:

In an effort to make the L a slightly more pleasent place to be I swapped in the remote mirrors I took off the LX. I might get round to adjusting the near side so that I can see something behind me now. The inner trims needed trimming slightly to clear the inner scraper seal.

DSCF3022.jpg

I also fitted an interior light switch to the pasenger door. I cant believe that having the loom, but leaving out the switch made much difference to the profit margins, but it must have seemed important to an accoutant in 1993.

I almost put the sunvisors in, untill I noticed that the drivers side had a flip up cover, and the pasengers didn't. I didn't like the lack of symmetry so left the pair of unmirrored ones in the L.

I also revisited an idea I had right back at the begining of my time modding the LX.....

DSCF3023.jpg

DSCF3024-1.jpg

I think I like, but I'll have to find some nuts the same size as the stockers to fit them properly on the front.

love the trims dude should cut them down a little os that they fit inside a little better to simply cover the nuts as it would look better!

so you say the loom is there for the passenger door pick up? as i have one i got ages ago but havent got around to it!

top job dude

R-Reg, Yeah I think spraying them some of that "chrome effect" paint would even up the difference between the plastic and the polished ally.

Will, the plug was looped round and tucked in the wire channel at the bottom of the b-post, I just fished it out and plugged it in.

yeh mate even more ruthless without the nissan logo and same silver as wheel,wonder if someone can photo shop it to see

I almost put the sunvisors in, untill I noticed that the drivers side had a flip up cover, and the pasengers didn't. I didn't like the lack of symmetry so left the pair of unmirrored ones in the L.

:laugh: love it.

Can't make my mind up about the trims, but if you do go with them, like r-reg says remove the nissan badge. And couldn't you vac-form a set to attatch to the centre(centre bore) caps you made?Could be a more exciting design too.

Caps look good on it! :) means you hide the extra bolt holes too :) well in my case... just wondering how did you manage to fit them on?

Thanks gents.

The rears use the stock nuts, all be it upside down, the fronts have a pair of stock nuts on opposite studs holding the front ones on. I had to trim the inside of the caps slightly to get them to seat with the nuts further in on the front.

Whoo! exciting stuff.

No not really, I have finally go around to fitting my new dials though.

DSCF3416.jpg

Now I have such modern luxuries as a clock, and trip counter and of course they are from a 1.3 SR so have the 120mph speedo - Yeah right - and tacho too.

I hunted through the various guides and they were a great help getting it wired up. What a pita for the sake of 6" of wire in the connection from ECU harness to loom.

I took the speedo/odometre unit out and clicked the reading round from the rear, clicking them round in the direction they rotate, so the 100K, rond to 2, 3, 4 etc back to 0.

Oh prehaps, I thought I remembered the seller saying SR, but they could well be Super-S or SLX even if that is more likely. They were from a later air bag equipped car, the airbag warning light gently glows to itself behind the dash when the ignition is on :p

All I know for sure is that I managed to bag a set of black faced ones, which I'm very please about. I'm not overly keen on the tourquoise ones, though I would have settled for them with the old car, they definately wouldn't have worked in this one.

I had a bit of time this afternoon to carry out a job I've been meaning to do for ages.

DSCF3419.jpg

Half a coil off the rear, just to very slightly close that arch gap up.

DSCF3417.jpg

DSCF3418.jpg

It can go down a bit more by removing the rubber mounting pad, but then the front will need some taking off too. A job for another day.

Yeah i dont like the green / white ones either. :) mucho prefer the black / white combo.

Wish i had that much petrol in mine aswell.

That looks sweet, actually looks about as low as mine, maybe a bit more. Have you measured how low you've been going?

Nice one Mark, what are your plans now to get it lower?

And I also did a 'shop, I like, smooth:)
(edited pic)

Attachments

• DSCF3417shopped4.jpg
    DSCF3417shopped4.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 621
I'd keep the nissan badge, but would happily loose the wiper bung. I dont really mind the boot lock, but while smoothing the bung it would be silly not to. I like how you have lost the window washer too. If i'd done that shop I wouldn't have been able to resist just closing up that remaining arch gap.

I've got some ideas for more lows, that might end up involving just buying some corsa coilies. Get the beam centralised and then its on with some camber and maybe get the eights on because they never sold. I've also ended up with another pair of et5 sevens in 4x108 just like the fronts. So after some marking and drilling I'll have a full set of matching wheels, which I'll need as soon as the beam is back in the middle of the car. The summer might see a change of colour on the wheel centres too. And if I was to somehow magically become the custodian of some red super-s bumpers that would be pretty cool too.

That looks sweet, actually looks about as low as mine, maybe a bit more. Have you measured how low you've been going?

I'm not really sure, somewhere between 60 and 80 at a guess, but thats going on measurements I took from my mother'in'laws half facelift, which doesn't look anything like a high as some facelifts do. Having done a www.willtheyfit.com comparison with 195/45/15's against my 165/55/13s I reckon that the arch would be sitting on the tyre with the 40mm greater diameterof the 195/45s.

edited pic for you;)

8s would be good on rear if you can do it, you can use k10 axle can't you to reduce poke if you don't want to go too mad with the camber. I actually like the basic low-spec black bumpers, personally I'd go for the super s/sr bumpers but then paint them black:D

Nice work. I'd not noticed the bumper, if the bumper has been magically filled (this is partly the reason I want body colour) lets have a twin pipe centre exit either side of the tow hook, nothing too big, just 1 3/4 or 2" pipes in stainless sticking out so they are level with the furthest part out of the bumper.

The biggest issue with the 8"s is what tyres to put on them, 165/55's will be pretty stretched, and 175/50s are smaller diameter then than what would be on the front. 175/60's are what I tried before, and gave away, now I think i'd like to give them another go :(

edited it again, saves cluttering your blog uploading a new pic everytime. Yeah smoothed over the exhaust hole, it's what I want to do to mine as it's the only thing thats ruining my symmetry. You could fill it and paint it satin black can't ya, might be worth a try if your going to replace it anyway.

How are you going to do the camber on the rear?

I'm not really sure, somewhere between 60 and 80 at a guess, but thats going on measurements I took from my mother'in'laws half facelift, which doesn't look anything like a high as some facelifts do. Having done a www.willtheyfit.com comparison with 195/45/15's against my 165/55/13s I reckon that the arch would be sitting on the tyre with the 40mm greater diameterof the 195/45s.

Ah, fair enough. I want to go lower on my K11, but not sure if I can get away with a whole coil without flaring the arches and getting some negative camber. Scrubs a lot as it is :glare:

Hehe good job on the ecu wiring Mark, I think you have the same wiring loom as mine, the minimalistic one, with no wire for the cig lighter, rev counter, driving lights or rear speaker ;)

I just unbolted mine, pulled the hose through the tailgate grommet, out through the hole behind the brake light. Then it goes under the boot carpet, held in with clips, and then under the plastic trim underneath the carpet on the left hand side of the car, then underneath the carpet from the left hand side of the car to the right. It then runs under the plastic trim on the right hand side of the car, and into the engine bay (although I couldn't see how to remove it from there after).

Mine sticks out below the front left headlight, with a hole the size of a needle in it. Handy for people that cut you up, give them a good drenching :laugh:. But yeah, you have to pretty much remove the whole interior to take the hose out. I've blocked the hole up with the same sized grommet you find under the boot carpet, but I guess you could use a bolt as well (Y)

Back