Making my k10 a sleeper...

I'd like to know what engines can be put into the k10 without too much hassle.

I currently have the ma10 engine which is obviously slow as ____

It's not going to be my main car so I can't spend a lot.

Is it feasible to get decent power on the cheap if i'm doing most of the work?

you can fit the k10 1.2 engine into it with no real changes iirc

The gearbox is also interchangeable, you migth beable to find a carb off somone on here and a k+N?

Mind you micras are slow alway, i find the best part of micras is the enjoyment of driving them and watching them corner on standard suspension with standard tyres :D:D:D Thats always a laugh.

Yeah, it would just be a laugh having a starlet turbo engine or something in it.

The amount of people that think they're cool trying to race you at lights etc.

Would certainly shock 'em!

Could the k12 be turbo'd with decent results?

anything can be turbo's but decent results? it would take a lot of tweaking. Its like the march spuer turbo k10 its claimed 110bhp but its dufficult to get this

Apart from the MA12, no other engine will fit will little amount of work...

With the least amount of work, an old carb'd engine would be best

But for power etc a decent SR20 type engine would be best

But these type of threads always turn out to be people dreaming :sleepy:

and even when they do happen, like mine, the results aren't always successful

the older range of nissan sunny engines would be ideal for the k10, also the cherry turbo lump has been successfully been fitted to a couple of k10's on here by Umar but hes not around anymore.

any engine will require some custom mounts but if your good with metal work anything can be wedged in. no one here has really ever tried though. Bobsp16 got a primera 1.6 lump into one but never finished it and a few have gone the sr20 route but none have been taxed and tested to the road from what i can tell :(

i,m surprised no-one has turbo,d an ma12, a flange could easily be welded to the exhaust manifold, the combustion chambers can easily be opened up on the 2 valve head, and a pre turbo carb has no jetting/mapping problems.
i could diy one for about £200......... if i cba :rolleyes:

i,m surprised no-one has turbo,d an ma12, a flange could easily be welded to the exhaust manifold, the combustion chambers can easily be opened up on the 2 valve head, and a pre turbo carb has no jetting/mapping problems.
i could diy one for about £200......... if i cba :rolleyes:

ive hered of the mini lads putting the carbs pre supercharger, could this work with a turbo do you think?

i could just have a new spring project.

superls

i think it,s far more simple to do, but you do have to run without an i/c or b/o/v, whereas a blowthrough carb system needs some pretty complex plumbing and mixture/pressure control

yes but you could put the intercooler berfore the carb?

just got a quote on a renault 5 carb, 45 squid, think ill be leaving it alone and experimenting with the per turbo carb combination, just need to keep me eye out for a small ish turbo, thinking one off of some sort off diesel.

yes but you could put the intercooler berfore the carb?

just got a quote on a renault 5 carb, 45 squid, think ill be leaving it alone and experimenting with the per turbo carb combination, just need to keep me eye out for a small ish turbo, thinking one off of some sort off diesel.

superls, it would,nt be cooling anything, doing it pre turbo saves having to box/enclose the carb, eh,
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11340&stc=1&d=1230217642
here,s an old datsun with an su carb
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lXf_VG2Ch3A

Attachments

• 526.jpg dat1200.jpg
    526.jpg dat1200.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 294
i suppose so frank, i agree a carb before the turbo is the way forward, in the vid it looks easy cos the inlet and exhaust are on the same side, but to do it to the ma engine it would heve to have longer inlet piping would this be to any disadvantage do you think?

i like the idea of a side draught su or webber tho, might have to get one to try and setup before i turbo it, but i was thinking i wanted to use the standard carb with its autochoke and idle up etc.

just an initial idea, relocate the altenator, carb there ish straight onto the turbo inlet, then have the piping from the turbo to the inlet straight over the rocker cover into a custom (obviously) inlet chamber/manifold. then a little bit of piping on the carb for a filter and cold air feed.

1 last thing, ive seen micra turbo conversions (k11) some with the turbo pointing up, and the odd one with it pointhing down, know wot i mean? whats the reason for it and whats the advantages and disadvantages?

superls

yeh, a crossflow engine needs a longer inlet hose, keep it smallbore eh ? (1/ 1/2 su, 1 1/2 hose maybe ?).
personally, i would get some ally tube welded to where the carb went, and i think a highmount turbo would need a custom manifold eh

i was actually thinking ally tube aswell, i know a highmount turbo will need a custom manifold possibly, may be able to adapt the origional?

what i dont know is tho what is the differance (apart from the height) of a high and low mount turbo?

i think i could modify the existing exhaust manifold to take a high lift turbo?

Back