CG13 into a K10

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
Hey, im just bak from work and i was talkin to a gearbox mechanic and i was askin him for a price of an engine transplant, just a CG13 plus 5 speed box to replace my MA10 wit 4 speed box. He sed if i supply the engine he shud b able to do it for 700 euro (480 pounds ish). I recon i cud puk up a crashed but workin K11 to donate the engine and gearbox.

He sed he cud try find me a 5 speed box instead, wud obviously be a lot cheaper! But i want a larger engine, more power and take the gearbox while im there!

I just want to know is it worth my while gettin the CG13... Its more power into my light K10 and i might see about getting a turbo in the future for it. I know its no-where near waynes GA16 conversion, but i rekon a 1.3 Turbo K10 wit a weight of well under a tonne wud whoop ass!

Any1 any comments?

Thanks!

yes very much worth it as the enigine itself is much strongr and has more modifications available.

the price however i would never pay that but. if you dont know what your doing and have the money. sure why not

Well now that i know its possible and hav sum1 to do it and ur sayin its worth it i tink ill go for it durin the summer! I wudnt hav a clue of what im doin and the money shud b achievable during the summer.

How hard wud it b to get a turbo put into it?

Any specs for the GA13? Bhp? weight? etc

Yes its defintely worth it!!! Also it could be easily tuned to keep up with and beat Waynes!!! :) Go for it, it has been talkid about so many times now but never actually ever done. :S

compared to my ga16 at 130bhp/tonne. so dont even tlisten to dan as he aint a clue :p

my super is gonna be faster than his in around a months time aswell so he gonna be trailing behind 2 of my cars then :p

oh and speak to jo/john about the turbo they have fitted to the cg13 they have :D

ok, cool, thanx a lot ppl!! Any idea if the CG13's gearbox will line up wit a k10? I know its never been done b4 but theres gotta be some measurents! :D

It wud b cool if i can pull this off, be part of micra history!! :D

IDEA COPYRIGHT 2005!!!(c)

kev_mono72 said:
ok, cool, thanx a lot ppl!! Any idea if the CG13's gearbox will line up wit a k10? I know its never been done b4 but theres gotta be some measurents! :D

It wud b cool if i can pull this off, be part of micra history!! :D

IDEA COPYRIGHT 2005!!!(c)

Obviously never read the old forums, its been mentioned so many times in the past.

ok, i didnt know it was mentioned, but did any1 copyright the idea! :D

Thanx Quicky, im sure the mods wud b easy for a gearbox mechanic to do so i dont need to ask any more there! Thanx for yer help! Much appreciated!

Dont the driveshafts need to be changed or something?
Or can a GA13 be fitted without the need of that kind of modification?

Would be nice if someone did this once. Has been talked about sooooo much indeed but never been done.. hmmm
And no copyrighting around here lol, only secret projects :laugh:

the driveshafts DO need tobe altered yes!!
take the k11 shafts. knowck the box ends off and attach the ga bx end from the long shafts (one wiht bearings) so your puttint 2 x long shafts ends on the shafts. one on the short one on the long. this should work for ya

and ur not evein doin a CG13, ur doin a GA16, well hopefully ill hav a CG13 conversion dun b4 either of u get the chance to do it!

So wot ur sayin is dat u hav a secret project happening wit a CG13 goin into a K10!?!? Ah well, either way, no matter what, ill b the first in ireland to hav it dun!! :D

no i aint :p

i have plans that were there for my normal ma series engine. including inlet manifold box clutch flywheel etc. but since im now putting ga16 in the beast. then it has to go someqwere and i happen to have a little 1ltr im running around in. and if i didnt have a wip then id be lost. so i have to revert to something else

Ah, right so! Hey, wots da clutch like on ur K10, mine is super light, it allows me to fly up thru da gears, dats how i got a 0-60 of 9.8 seconds in my MA10!

You better be having that video next week!
I'm in for some fun now :p

edit: typo thingy

Back