M I light false trigger?

I have a 2000 1.0 which keeps giving a "lean burn on bank 1" indication. The lambda sensor has been replaced twice but this has not sorted the problem. I had a new alternator put on some months ago which for a while appeared to cure the problem, until last week when the light has come back on 3 times. I have taken it to two different garages (one replaced the sensor last year) and yesterday to another garage who checked and cleaned the connections. However today the light came back on for the forth time in a week. I do not believe the lambda can be at fault, so i wonder if i may need a new management system? Also the MAF fitted is a generic one not a genuine Nissan part although i don't know if this would trigger this fault? Has anyone had a similar experience or know what could be the real reason behind the constant light triggers? (8 times and counting)

If the MAF's not correctly reporting the air mass ingested by the engine to the ECU it could cause lean burning (or rich for that matter) :).

sounds like a fuel trim issue to me if its taking days to re-appear ?
have both lambda,s been changed ?

only the one near to the exhaust manifold has been changed as far as i know. Before i had a new alternator the light would only tend to appear if i drove over 50mph. Since the alternator was changed in July i had no problems until a week last Wednesday when the light has come on again. The next time was exactly one week later, then two days later, then again today (after going in to a garage and reset yesterday). The car has not traveled above 50 this time.

Back