Lowering

meji

Club Member (Trial)
Hey everyone!

Has anyone by any chance got a picture of a K11 lowered by 35mm with 13" wheels.

If not could you tell me what the biggest drop is which will still be fine with 13" wheels on?

I'll never be putting anything other than 13" wheels on and I fancy lowering my car.

Thanks!

i got 14" with 35mm lowering and there no probs at all. you should drop by 50mm you wont regret it, it looks so good on 13". btw people on here have 15" and lowereed by 50mm without needing mods, they just take it easy

Mines been drop by 35mm and i've 15" alloys on. speed bumps not a problem still take it easy but dont need to go at snail pace.

There's not much room for improvement mind, i've seen lower, on smaller wheels, but then bumps become a pain in the butt...literally! I personally wouldn't risk it for a biscuit lol, happy with -50mm :p

Lowering springs

We still have in stock 30/35mm lowering springs
50mm lowering springs and 60mm lowering springs.

We also have 80mm rear lowering springs but were unable to get the fronts to work properly. 80mm is as lower as I would recommend, not much suspension travel left on the rear, about 20mm between the trailing arms and the bump stops. Alright for tarmac rally cars with coilovers on the front.

matt

01865 748000
www.humphrisoxford.co.uk

Damn you guys have changed my mind haha. I'm gonna save for 50mm.

I don't know much about cars so bear with me here :'D

If I was to buy the 50mm or 60mm springs from MPH I'd be able to just literally replace my current stock ones am I right?

Like I wouldn't need to change my suspension or anything.

Because if I can do it just buying the springs I think I'd go for the 60mm? :D

i think matt(mph) was saying you need shortened shocks for the 60mm but dont need to change anything apart from springs for 50mm.could be wrong but im shor thts right

I've 14s on mine at the moment and have 50mm springs and Bilstein shocks ready to fit. But I'm waiting til I get an adjustable panhard rod first.

Ahh right so if I was to buy the 50mm ones I'd be fine with everything else standard and 13" wheels. Good to know :D

50mm lowering would mean I'd need an adjustable panhard rod wouldn't it?

yep as lowering that much kicks the wheels over mate the pan hard rod sorts this out catch me on msn i will talk you through it or if you wawnt me to give you a hand let me know going to start kind of a mechanic for the north east depending on the job

Technically with skinny 13s you can take the springs out completely and it still wont rub the arches lol, but for most people the 50mm springs are by far the best option, the stock dampers are fine also, but you would need a whiteline/adjustable panhard.

Plenty of blogs to trawl through :D

Here's an old un took just after fitting the 50mm springs (and before i took 1 coil out the rears as you can see the rear is just a bit too high :))

Image272.jpg

i say defo drop it 50 mm rather than 35 mm i was going to do it on my micra but it got to much cost for me and sold it but defo do 50 mm

How much are 50mm lowering springs and where can I get them from?

mph
Lowering springs
We still have in stock 30/35mm lowering springs
50mm lowering springs and 60mm lowering springs.

We also have 80mm rear lowering springs but were unable to get the fronts to work properly. 80mm is as lower as I would recommend, not much suspension travel left on the rear, about 20mm between the trailing arms and the bump stops. Alright for tarmac rally cars with coilovers on the front.

matt

01865 748000
www.humphrisoxford.co.uk

helps to read all the posts :p

Back