75 -80mm lowering springs

mph

Official MSC Trader
Today the compamy which make our 50-55mm lowering springs have designed a set which will drop the Micra by 75 - 80mm. We will have one set made and thry them on one of our Micra's. If everything works okay we will have a small batch made for resale. They will be a bit more expensive than our 50 - 55mm lowering kits because the design will require a different type of spring rate to make sure they stay in place at full drop. We will test a car with 13" and 14" wheels. We should have a set for testing within 14 days
The cost should be under £200.00 delivered.

Add a post if you think you might be interested.

Matt

Matt,

How much useable damper travel is left at that kind of ride-height? I realise that isn't something most young men on here worry about, after all it is the LOOK most seem to be after rather than a car that is useable in everyday conditions.

curious how your getting around the rear bias, you making up an extended bracket?

Thats what ive had to do on mine. :)

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see how low that is.......The potential for people wanting the low slung bad boy look will be excellent.

Once the springs are made they will be matched up with a set of SPAX sports dampers. We can then get these tested at the SPAX factory to check the damper effeciency at this lower lever. If we have to get some different dampers made then that's what we will do, but one step at a time. Once fitted to our new 1.0Ltr demo Micra ( needed to test some parts for the rally boys) we can check the braking on the brake tester and make any adjustments in this area if needed. Then we can test them around the country lanes in Oxfordshire/Bucks.

I will update everyone when we next have some news.

We should have the spring next week and they will then be fitted to a Micra and we will have some pictures

Lowering springs

We have only managed to get some 80mm rear springs sorted which will be used mainly for competition. This leaves approx 20mm of travel on the rear trailing arms before they hit the bump stops.

We had problems trying to sort the fronts out so the spring would sit on the strut correctly on full drop. We only managed to get a 60mm drop on the front so we are now able to offer 35mm 50mm and 60mm drop spring kits, plus an 80mm drop for the coilover kit.

I personly think an 80mm drop on a road car is too much, specially if you live in the county with rough bumpy roads. It might look good but I'm not sure on the ride quality.

Back