Lowering

Hey guys, brand newbie to micra's here.

I am not driving yet, but when I start I wish to get a micra k11.

Now I was just wondering, whats the lowest you can get a micra to the floor.

What size rims will be required to have maximum lowness and how much of a drop are we looking at.

Ideally I would like a micra to be on its back with a nice set of alloys, hopefully progressing to further modifications to get maximum power out of a k11.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your replies :)

Hey guys, brand newbie to micra's here.

I am not driving yet, but when I start I wish to get a micra k11.

Now I was just wondering, whats the lowest you can get a micra to the floor.

What size rims will be required to have maximum lowness and how much of a drop are we looking at.

Ideally I would like a micra to be on its back with a nice set of alloys, hopefully progressing to further modifications to get maximum power out of a k11.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your replies :)

hey mate, welcome to the club.

why do you want to do this? a micra can go pretty low, i have seen them dropped 170mm but only temp.

the wheels would have to be small, 14" is maybe the biggest, and it would need coilovers really if you want to do a proper job.

problem is you will distroy all practicality of the car, i am down by 40mm on 13" rims, and the ride is VERY hard, it bumps about the place. another car is down by 35mm on 15" and that scuffs is there is people in the car. i have to take speed bumps at about 7mph, any harder and the front end comes crashing down.

also if you are not driving yet you will be paying alot in insurance and you will also not have the feel of the car as it is naturally. they are pretty good as stock considering.

Gonna take mine down to the ground.
14" alloys (now getting sandblasted and powderpainted black&white), some 195/45-14 hankook k105s and ISC coilovers slammed to the ground.
They promise it would lower it by 120mm. prob gonna set it at 80-100mm.
Otherwise it's gonna look lika a grandads car ;-)

Just waiting for the alloys to come so i can get on installing the coilovers.

Gonna take mine down to the ground.
14" alloys (now getting sandblasted and powderpainted black&white), some 195/45-14 hankook k105s and ISC coilovers slammed to the ground.
They promise it would lower it by 120mm. prob gonna set it at 80-100mm.
Otherwise it's gonna look lika a grandads car ;-)

Just waiting for the alloys to come so i can get on installing the coilovers.

i hope you weigh about 3 stone if not it will rub all the time. your tyres will last a week ha! :D but would look good slammed but so unpratical.

Also welcome andrew to msc ! :D i bought my micra when i was 16 and started doing little things to it. also not knowing much :D

thanks alot guys for the welcome, seems to be a very friendly club here.

And thanks for the advice.

The reason for my lowering is I always had my mind on volkswagens as a first, but I also have passions for skylines. (hence being a member on skylineowners.com) And over a few talks with guys on skylineowners, they've managed to pull me over to look at micra's. I thought nothing of them at first, but I'm starting to look at them more.

But as I said, thanks again for the welcome!

Andy

thanks alot guys for the welcome, seems to be a very friendly club here.

And thanks for the advice.

The reason for my lowering is I always had my mind on volkswagens as a first, but I also have passions for skylines. (hence being a member on skylineowners.com) And over a few talks with guys on skylineowners, they've managed to pull me over to look at micra's. I thought nothing of them at first, but I'm starting to look at them more.

But as I said, thanks again for the welcome!

Andy

fair play,

well i recommend you get the car first and see what you think, there is plenty you can do to them you just need to be sure first so you don't waste money.

I have my Micra lowered 100mm... Its on 165/60 R14's
No rubbing nothing....
its literally a Go Kart!
Nothing touches it on the roundabouts............And i mean that!!:D
Its the best mod i've done so far..... :D

Back