Lowering

Hey, new to this forum. Recently bought a k11 Micra as a wee project for and I'm looking at lowering options for it. I've seen the post with all the different suspension set ups and was wondering if I could get some guidance and hopefully pictures of what different setups look like.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matiz springs in the front:

Cut the rear springs down to 290mm

25 quid on ebay, can't go wrong! Only took a few minutes to do also, as the springs fit nicely onto the Micra dampers and fit the retaining cups and all.

I had Corsa B Coilovers on my previous K11. These were an absolute pain in the hole to fit to say the least. I use the tops off the K11 legs, and had to ream out the holes at the bottom as the corsa ones are smaller. What's shown below is the corsa coilover with a 12.5mm spacer (Read: Piece of plywood) put in, as without the spacer is rubbed the arches at static sag! TBH this was horrible to drive as a daily. Went around roundabouts like nothing else but it was a nightmare over bumps / potholes. The spring rate is so high the shocks are practically solid. The Matiz springs are a better option IMO. You get a reasonable amount of drop but no bottoming out and the comfort is still as per stock, it just doesn't feel as floaty to drive as the stock K11

I made a thread like this too, I just wanted to see what all the different set ups looked like but it didn't get a lot of attention maybe it was in the wrong section.

I wanted to improve the handling of my car as the standard ride height and spring rate were ridiculous (why the **** make a car so high???).

I reasoned that I didn't want to go too low because both the North and South of Ireland have some pretty atrocious excuses for roads. I did a lot of research into the quality of springs too, as the main reason behind improving the handling was to make the car safer and I didn't want to install useless springs that might break and possibly cause an accident (also why cutting springs is out of the question). I found a set by a company called Vogtland which seem to be well regarded by the VW guys.

After the install there was a noticeable difference in appearance and the handling is now actually really great, the car doesn't roll around corners, feels glued to the road but its actually still very comfortable. Only problem is I want the car to sit much lower because I just don't think it looks good yet. I want to get some 80mm or at least some 60mm springs from Matt Humphris (if anyone's selling a set let me know).

here are some pics

On standard 13" steels with fat tyres
jellybean 222.png

On 14" alloys with low profile tyres
JELLLYMEAN.JPG