cheapest lowering springs??

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
I'm looking for a set of springs for lowering my ride, where's the cheapest place to get 'em?

I found through ebay uk but all costing around GBP100, which is kinda expensive to me.

Also is it a DIY job to roll in my guards?

smidge

» CMF Member
depends how handy you are with a mallet and a heat gun

another option is to roll them using a big steel bar, look it up on youtube, there's a crazy funny jap video of these guys doing it

dunno how our dollar goes against yours but some king springs from here might end up cheaper than purchasing from UK

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"depends how handy you are with a mallet and a heat gun<BR><BR>another option is to roll them using a big steel bar, look it up on youtube, there's a crazy funny jap video of these guys doing it<BR><BR>dunno how our dollar goes against yours but some king springs from here might end up cheaper than purchasing from UK

I'll make sure to check the vide out man, but with a steel bar I woudln't wanna dent from the outside.. but I'll give it a hit whwnever I'm free. Anywhere were I can check for springs from your country mate?

I think rally nuts is from the UK. I've checked there & some other few places + ebay.

thanks guys!

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
germank11 WROTE:

"Perhaps search for some second hand springs?

Do I look for them here at other member's part sale? or throughout the net? I wouldn't trust a set of second hand springs,

mine is still running on stock shocks & I'm sure they were better at earlier times, but after 13yrs out they have become too soft... the same goes for after market ones, I 've they've already been running out for some time I doubt how much life there still is... what do you say man?

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
I've found someone at micra sports club uk who is selling lowering springs.. but according to an article here at cisco's it would defeintely require the adjustable panhard rod... I didn't know about this requirement till now...

Can I go without replacing it ? cso I'm looking for some cheap lower springs ...hadn't in mind to spend the rest on a panhard rod.

smidge

» CMF Member
well they can if you mean painting wing mirrors

but yeah anything that keeps your car on the road i would seriously not skimp on

you don't have to spend loads of cash but just get whatever has been done by all those before you (only if they are still posting cause if they aren't they might well be dead)

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"The words 'cheap' and 'car modifications' should not go in the same sentence. Get an adjustable panhard rod and do it correctly the first time.<BR><BR>---dens

smidge WROTE:

"well they can if you mean painting wing mirrors<BR><BR>but yeah anything that keeps your car on the road i would seriously not skimp on<BR><BR>you don't have to spend loads of cash but just get whatever has been done by all those before you (only if they are still posting cause if they aren't they might well be dead)

As you all see I'm not an insight on this kinda stuff...but am headed by this forum. Any place where I can get the panhard rod? Would I need an adjustable panhard & a fron t sway bar & I'm done?

*btw my micra is running on 15s 195/65R15 & when loaded with 4 adults on a bump the wheels touch the roll guards as it is currently .*

**Hi Ian You are running too large a Tyre, you need a 45 series tyre or drop to a 14" wheel. If they rub now with standard springs they will rub with the lowering springs even more. Matt**

Do I still have any hope for lowering?

Back