Lowering My Micra

CMF_Paul P

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,
I just got a set of 15" rims for the micra wrapped in 195/45 tyres and now its time to lower the thing... Just wondering where to get the springs(whiteline) and/or shocks, sway bars etc in canberra. Also wondering if i need to lip or roll the guards especially at the front so it doesn't scrape etc...

Any thoughts..

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
As long as you got the correct offset wheels and depending on your width (as a guess, would be 6 or 6.5" with 195's) you shouldn't generally get wheel scrubbage. You shouldn't need to roll the guards. You'd need to be going with a bit further negative-way offset before you need to think about that. I get some inside guard scrub with 195's and 6.5" wide wheels.

You should be able to contact whiteline directly or call up bursons or someone to order them.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Currently have koni yellows and whiteline springs which lower it around 40mm or thereabouts. Unsure of the wheel offset, but they're just 15x6.5's and I estimate the offset is anywhere between +30-35

Just remember that the front will tuck in when the suspension is under load, so even if it looks like it'll hit if it's directly under the guard, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will as it may tuck enough to get it under the guard without needing to roll the guards.

I'd love to see what the set of 13x7 hotwires I have would look on the micra, but different stud pattern unfortunately. Those are +5 offset :p

---dens

CMF_Paul P

» CMF Member
Yeh those hotwires would be crazy and fun! If yours is around 40mm i'd like to drop mine by about 50 or so, getting the guards lipped might do the trick...

Thanks for the help

What should i expect to pay for the springs and shocks?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Depends how much you're willing to spend. Excel G's are pretty low-end, but they'll do the trick. Not sure if you need to get short-strokes or if they even have a short stroke version for the micra, but you can spend pretty ridiculous amounts on shocks if you want. Don't even look at cheap adjustables, they're not worth it. Just get some good non-adjustables if you're not looking to spend too much. That said, i'm not sure how many options there are out there. Someone else will know..

Not sure how much you'd be looking at for a set of springs. Flameboy was hoping to do a group by of king lows, so you might want to send him a PM or post in the thread or something.

---dens

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
paul.. a way to fix the wheel zip on the rear guards anyway is with a shorter/adjustable panhard. ive just lowered mine 40mm with apexii springs and got a new panhard which is working fine to keep my 6.5" wheels off the guards.

Back