condensation and lowering springs

hey all, not long had my k11 1.3, as mentioned in the introduction section, loving it so far :) just a quick couple of questions tho, the car has a problem with condensation, within 5 minutes of being in it all the windows are steamed up, the only way i can counteract this is to have the heater constantly on, is this normall for k11 micras??....
also i'm coming from rover r100's, where the suspension is interlinked and modded completley differently to the micra, i saw some lowering springs on e-bay, seems to good to be true......is it really that easy? just change the springs and that's it? if i lower with the springs does it also firm up the suspension? or is it just as soft only lower? sorry for newbie questions, thanks in advance for help :)

Misting

Mica's have two consistant leak issues that give rise to condensation.

1) The rear lights are sealed against the rear wing, this seal fails and water runs in and fills up the spare wheel well and rear floor. Undo the nuts, clean off the sealant and reseal with clear SILICONE bath seal NOT ACRILIC sealant. Only gently tighten at first, then fully after 24(perhaps 48 in this weather) when cured.

2) The front bulkhead also leaks, take off the wiper blades and cover 1 screw then gently tug. Again seal the mounting holes ofr the bonnet seal clips and under the mounting sockets where the gasket fails. Remove any leaves you also find and your problems should be solved for under a fiver!

Good Luck

Nigel

lowering springs do tend to be firmer (depending on make) and its a bit of a lottery as to how much drop they give

if you have sunroof leave the slide part open in winter-unless you want it to drip with condensation
also when the car warms up or when warming push the recirculate dial to the fresh air
and both side vents should face towards the passenger windows to clear em up thats on the fresh setting not recirculate
basicaly the recirculate is responsable for the condensation build up-the fresh air setting clears it up and is quiker at clearing the windscreen condensation dont forget the sunroof inside slide needs to be open during the cold or it drips heavy

cheers guys, been most helpfull (Y), will look at the likely leaking culprits tomorrow and hopefully will be them so can get sorted (and see where i'm going lol)
just 1 more thing about the suspension though, is it just a case of putting on the new springs and that's it, bobs ur uncle etc..... nothing else to do exept enjoy the new lower/firmer ride?

Back