listen to this...

guess i will have to experiment unplugging them and that... it would make sense, i have almost ran out of petrol so many times lately it might have sucked some crap up...

thanks for the replies anyway :)

thats very loud for an injector fault :eek: i usually use a length of hosepipe in my ear to pinpoint a noise rich

ooh nasty, i have no idea what that is.

but it could be a stuck valve, maybe when the oil is hot enough it frees up. try an oil change maybe?

check all the fluids, pull the spark plugs out and check them too,

what you could do is pull off all the spark caps or injector connectors and turn the engine on the starter and see if you still hear it. if you do then its something with the valves or pistons or cams, if not then its something to do with the ignition or injectors.

let us know what it is because i am really curious about this

Sounds like a sticky hydraulic tappet to me or if the Micra engine is not equipped with them I'd say its a valve clearance issue.

im no expert but i'd whip the cam cover off and have a gander in there mate. as frank says, its pretty load (sounds like my diesel lol), best just to have a look:) good luck with it mate.

it drives fine, fires on all cylinders, noise disappears completely within 1 minute of driving.....

thanks all! :)

yeah, thats the bit i dont understand, enless one of the valve is sticking? (can they do that?), and when it gets warm it frees up? i dont see how it could be anything broken, because broken things dont mend themselves after 1 min.

Back