Knowing if this Applies to my Micra

CMF_hotshooter

» CMF Member
Read this in a site:
Maintenance Tips/Suggestions: On cars with fuel injection, some carmakers don't recommend replacing the filter at all during the first 100,000 miles of "normal" driving. Since ?normal? usually constitutes severe driving because of less than normal conditions, it's best to replace the filter every two years or 24,000 miles. A contaminated filter can restrict fuel flow from your car?s electric fuel pump, eventually taking a toll on its life. Frequent filter replacements remove all doubt about whether the filter may cause other problems down the road. On 1996 and newer vehicles, your car?s fuel injection system is integrated with a second-generation onboard diagnostic system, known as OBDII. The PCM stores a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) when it detects a problem in one of the monitored circuits. A professional technician can access this information using a scan tool connected to the vehicle?s Data Link Connector (DLC). Although many DTCs are sensor-related, it does not necessarily indicate a faulty sensor. There may be problems in that sensor?s circuit, or there may be several interrelated problems. Areas of the country with an emissions testing program are placing added value on OBDII checks, where this technology may be used in place of tailpipe testing. The system also alerts you with a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), indicating that the system has detected a problem, which could cause excessive emissions. This light is usually labeled SERVICE ENGINE SOON or CHECK ENGINE. If the light appears, you should have its cause investigated by a professional technician at your earliest opportunity. If the light flashes, the condition is more severe and must be checked out immediately to prevent damage to the catalytic converter.

Question is, how do I know if my micra has this? And where is this located, any body knows?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
K11 never came with OBDII.

K11 CG10 and CG13 are fitted with nissan CONSULT.

Later models (2000 to current taiwan models) may be fitted with nissan CONSULT II (not sure though, we dont have them here).

CONSULT 2 computers are great. With the right software interface you can make perminant changes to the ECU's tuning, maps, set patterns etc. But these computers are hard and expensive to find.

I think nissan is moving in line with the rest of the world and finally building ALL their vehicles to OBDII standard though.

Back