• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

yer mate, got your PM, sorry for the delay, ive been knocking up a few more which will be going on sale tomorrow so can post out at the same time..

dscn3795qv6.jpg

this is the interior!... at the minute..

Got almost all the wiring done now.. although it looks a real mess.. the dashboard can go in over the weekend...

ive taken a week off work for a break/holiday.. so hopefully will have the car ready for its MOT by this time next week!....

expect some serious progress.. he he

kristian said:
dscn3795qv6.jpg

this is the interior!... at the minute..

Got almost all the wiring done now.. although it looks a real mess.. the dashboard can go in over the weekend...

ive taken a week off work for a break/holiday.. so hopefully will have the car ready for its MOT by this time next week!....

expect some serious progress.. he he

are u building a custom dashboard for the guages from the donor car

I have a prefaclift AND a facelift k11 dash... ID prefer to modify and use the later one but making just a custom 'pod' for the dials is much easier than having to really change most of the dash...

Basically I want the newer one but the older one is much easier to make right....

So im going PRE-98 with both the Front End and Interior in a POST 98 car lol...

Paul K10 LX

concidering your such a 'toon wiz' cud u knock us up a few P/S's of mine with some funky paintjobs and with intercooler and exhaust boot exit?.. would apriciate it man..

Radiator work is being done now.. the pipework for the Electric waterpump is turning into a pain in the arse with regards to space as is the fitment of the Radiator..

Im fitting a P10 eGT Rad.. which I will change for a smaller performance one but I cant afford one just yet..

dscn3811dm2.jpg

dscn3808my8.jpg

NISMO_ALMERA said:
And you will now realise why I had so many things to overcome.

LOL!!!

Looking good mate!

cheers

I know.. its easy whipping out loads of micra bits and pieces.. Its getting the larger stuff back in is a pain in the arse ... ha ha...

I can imagine im going to have some probs with the brakes too... but will get them all finished eventually..

We live and learn and If I come to do this again, I can say it would be much quicker and easier having been through it already once..

kristian said:

^^this^^ RADIATOR looks so much smaller on my Primera eGT lol..

dscn3803aw7.jpg

I purchased this kit for my Micra SR20 but It doesn't directly fit the Highport block.. So Its been put onto the Primera .. Might pik up another one coz there only 30quid and get some more adapters to make it fit.. Meanwhile Im using an adapter plate on the standard induction pipe with MAF.. and a BIG filter..

yeah i measured up a rad similar to that.. but it looked like such a pain to fit so i got my other one made.. glad to see its all coming together..

why on earth did nissan make that stupid outlet for the top hose!! it just doesnt make any sense to me a straight one would be far better..

can't you just stick two smaller rads together to make it half the size but twice as thick? Or is this just a temporary rad?
It looks REALLY good, you're getting on well!
Good luck!

-Jamie

Raceworx said:
why on earth did nissan make that stupid outlet for the top hose!! it just doesnt make any sense to me a straight one would be far better..

Vibrations. Having the pipe curved means less stress on the pipe and radiator under engine movement.

does the 2000 model cross bar fit with that body kit?

you know the bar that goes between the two bumper mounting points?

top job mate, looking forward to loosing to it in some sort of micra race :D

It does, Im welding the bar to the bumper mounts it does fit to my front bumper but ive had to modify my bumper in order for it to do so....

Im picking up the hubs today so can have the car moving over the next few days..

kristian said:
It does, Im welding the bar to the bumper mounts it does fit to my front bumper but ive had to modify my bumper in order for it to do so....

Im picking up the hubs today so can have the car moving over the next few days..

thats cool :) i have a cross bar in the shed but it doesn't fit pre facelifts :(

we demand video at the first sign of movement!!!

Wait a minute...

I didn't realise you were using a non-RR LOWPORT head.

Get that thing ported and throw in some JWT S4 camshafts and it will make loads of power!!!

Speaking of loads of power...my intake manifold is being built as we speak.

Here's a small picture that I received today, just to show you the work involved into getting the best flow possible.

O2InductionManifold.jpg

Check out those tapered openings!!!

Looking as sweet as a nut mate. Will be cool once all complete. Still not sure on the twin exhaust like - but its looking great so far :)

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Wait a minute...

I didn't realise you were using a non-RR LOWPORT head.

Get that thing ported and throw in some JWT S4 camshafts and it will make loads of power!!!

Thats my Primera eGT Road car... my engine in the micra is the full Precat Highport eGT block and box..

ive picked up some new hubs for the front and fitted them.. ive popped in the P-S shaft but am having probs with the drivers side shaft.

Should have the car to STAGE TWO by the weekend..

meaning only bodywork left.. them the weekend for that..!

woo!

kristian said:
ive picked up some new hubs for the front and fitted them.. ive popped in the P-S shaft but am having probs with the drivers side shaft.

Should have the car to STAGE TWO by the weekend..

meaning only bodywork left.. them the weekend for that..!

woo!

Hi Bud,

I called round on Monday after work... but you wasn't out, and your car wasn't there. I think your Ambers was though.

What problems are you having with the driveshaft? I'll be calling around on Saturday anyway if you are out?

Seen a post of your bro's on the MKiV Supra forum arranging a rolling road day for the NW owners. Are you going to this mate? :)

-Elliot

yes.. im going with the primera GT to get a power run in.. for the crack..

and wanna see his new Twin Turbo in action..

and big thanks to raceworx.. I know what I need now.. for the shaft...

Elliot- u gotta link for my bros thread?

cheers mate..

Sat is good mate, im going to get loads done.. I wanna get the dashboard and carpet in, aswell as the lights and bonnet fitted... ive got some modifications to make in order to fit the RAD...

Ive trial fitted some pulsar brakes and discs too...

You want to see how close they are to my 14's!!!

.. put it this way.. Ive removed the balancing lead weights and they fit.. LOL

I need to have a word elliot about where else I can put the weights.. I dont want them in the dish and they cant be in the middle of inside the rim.. only the outer inside edge.. this ok?.. only for the front alloys mind..

i had this problem and had some flatter weights made.....they now fit just under my 14" dynamics msport wheels....

but im getting 15"s anyway...lol

i cant wait to see this in person....

jae next year dudes...

didnt they end the production of the prefaclifts and start on the faclifts the same year? e.g. it would be the same reg so it could be ehither if anyone gets me?

squarepants said:
didnt they end the production of the prefaclifts and start on the faclifts the same year? e.g. it would be the same reg so it could be ehither if anyone gets me?

Thats true... When concidering this project before Ians car came up for sale I was concidering an 02/52 plate micra with just panel accident damage for a few hundred quid which would look funny with the prefaclift front lol..

Update!!.

Bad news!! Ive snapped my breaker bar reducer!! 3quid down the drain!!!

Good news!!.. the Cars moving now under its own steam!!

---------------------------------------------
lol

Both shafts are in !!!...

meaning... Ive been driving the car up and down the drive for the last 30mins!!..

lol!.. this is a big boost for me.. it means the shafts fit.. and the gearbox and clutch seem 100%..

and the linkage and everything work fine..

Im gonna take some small vids tomoz of the progress and have a big update tomoz night..

omg not the reducer!
lol

glad you got it moving kristian i bet your over the moon knowing that all the hard work is mostly done by yourself it is a great feeling to see a project coming together

Well the next few days are going to be very telling of the work that was done by Ian

... If the shafts are perfect length etc..

They seem fine.. but these things are hard to judge... you really need to test them at speed...

Im not happy with two things.. the mount on the passenger side is about 3/4mm too far back... and the mount on the drivers side is about 20 mm too far forward.. Im totally sure these things I can get away with...

Somthing ive been concidering, is if I an get away with the car the way it is now while the car Is just Na... I.e Non turbo.. them Ill be happy... What I dont want to have to do is remove the engine now.. to change some things.. only to remove it later....

I plan on rebuilding the engine and box at a later date - around 6 months time in order to pop in a performance flywheel and clutch.. some brand new gaskets and Possibly some forged internals.. depending on what is needed to safely run enough boost for around 280-300 BHP... all with a nice overhaul..
Im specualting there might possibly some custom gears...

A lot of this depends on how the car performs in NA form.. ...

Meanwhile.. while the block is out.. I can FULLY seamweld the car, Fully Weld in the Rollcage.. Do All the strengthening I want to do to be 110% confident with the chassis...

I can pop on my Rear 'discs' axel Im in the process of overhauling, Some D2's and install a nice engine management system...

(Its going to cost a bomb this)

so I want 6 months of trouble free motoring on order to, not only save for all this work...

But to Iron out any problems with the car, and have as good an idea as possible on what work needs doing.. I might be alloying for things that I dont even need for example...

Well see how it goes anyway..
cheers

Good to hear you have it running mate. :)

I did pop down yesterday about twice throughout the day... and your car wasn't there, so suspected you were still at Hyper SR. Couldn't nip down today though.

Be good to see it moving next weekend if you're in? Have you sorted the water pump out yet?

-Elliot

Back