• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

carnt fault SSautochrome dude mine was spot on.. glad to see its all up and running.. you put the driveshafts in yet?

no shafts yet.. waiting on a few bits and pieces to arrive on the post...

Im modifying the kit now.. changine the front bumper and removeing the nipples from the rear one.. still not decided what to do with the plates tho..

Dave Bull with 'little bandit' Won the USSC Final against a very modified Skyline R32 To Win the competition overall...

..gives me good aspirations for my project.. Im gonna have to come up with a name now methinks any suggestions?

Update, been modifying the bodykit before the rest goes on..

Taken the nipples out of the rear bumper and Smoothed over the holes..

Now ready to be prepped..
dscn3681ek6.jpg

Ive decided to change the front bumper, Im going for a square Side mounted front plate so i can show off the FMIC and give the micra a generally meaner and Wider Stance

dscn3676kp3.jpg

dscn3682oe1.jpg

Also the newly modified front grill is finished...

dscn3685hp2.jpg

dscn3686jk5.jpg

Coming on nicely mate!!! Will easily be one of the best if not the best k11's on the site when it is done. Keep it up, the body changes should look great. :D B) :D

kristian said:
..gives me good aspirations for my project.. Im gonna have to come up with a name now methinks any suggestions?

Wide girl lol, or wide boy.

'WideBoy' sounds good.. lol... cheers...

Good luck with your project.. As soon as you see some good progress you will feel so much better and positive about your project..

It would be hard to find another car with the amount of time n effort u've put into this one!!!

It's true deciation man.....I love it....It's gonna look schweeeet!!!!

ollie240585 said:
It would be hard to find another car with the amount of time n effort u've put into this one!!!

It's true deciation man.....I love it....It's gonna look schweeeet!!!!

Thanks for the support mate, but tbh.. Its not much time Ive only put about 5 days solid work into the car now...

...if it wasn't for the Wide Arches and certain mods im making to the bodywork.. Id be finishing up and getting ready for the MOT...

I got the car with all its standard bodywork on and had to strip it first in order to fit my smooth doors and boot and then the fibreglass parts...

But Effort!... YES.. Ive worked my Nads off getting this far so soon.. I try and find time at the weekend as I work 7-5 everyday....

Big Thanks to Elliot! though!

love it mate :) and there was me thinking this would take ages :D

i haven't even started on my car :(

any updates on this cool rear window vent thingy idea??

Top work m8 cant believe how quickly you are getting it done!Keep up the good work

I'm now waiting on delivery of some fabricating parts, the radiator and fan still, a 4,2,1 stainless Autocrome manifold, and CAI induction setup..

Hopefully all ( bar the manifold ) will have arrived by the weekend and I can finally get the car setup and running with full lights fitted.. etc..
with a decent video of it all too..

Ive started blending the rear quarters onto the car and have fitted the tailgate and doors,

Ive 'sort of' decided on a color scheme which should look stunning!.. maybe some subtle grafix too.. he he...

I need a good solid week of work and the car should be ready for its MOT.. but getting a week in aint gonna happen so its gonna be a few days here and there.. hopefully 3/4 weeks time..

How much is this costing all in to do?? I know your doing most of the work yourself but getting parts fabricated etc. Rough budget costs and a breakdown of them would be cool.

Paint job, what about Jap style, reverse graphics etc? Matt black would look great too.

Krisallis or Krysallis

form the word chrysalis relating to the stage in a butterflies life cycle in the cacoon etc... obviously ya k11 in development stages with high prospects the a tie-in with your name Kris... tada:)

scottish-sr said:
How much is this costing all in to do?? I know your doing most of the work yourself but getting parts fabricated etc. Rough budget costs and a breakdown of them would be cool.

Paint job, what about Jap style, reverse graphics etc? Matt black would look great too.

I wasn't going to do this for a while but, Ill give a rough rundown on cost..

Nearer the end of the project Ill give a much more exact price..

Here goes but please take note.. Bot everyone attempting an SR20DE conversion is going to have wide arch kit fitted etc.. Esp to hand..

Rough Costs:

I paid 500 for the car INC shafts from raceworx

Normally this would cost you around 600 for WRC spec shafts and 400 for decent donor car without engine etc..

I purchased a P10 eGt for 100quid plus 60quid flatbed truck..

I sold loads of panels of the raceworx shell that i didn't need, and recovered about 250quid..

I stripped the P10 eGT for everything I needed and anything else I could sell, then had it collected and scrapped for free..

Made around 350pounds off bits ive sold off the eGT, mainly full exhaust system and Hotshot Header,

Purchased engine crane and various tools/parts/fabrication needed for conversion in addition to what Ive already got.. 250quid,

Stripped the wide arch yellow micra and had it collected for free.. Sold and fitted engine and performance engine parts for ( 300 pounds mark )

Electric water pump from australia 120

Ive purchased all the materials I need for the altering and full fitment of the bodykit, panels 100quid...

Purchased exhaust bits off ebay and people on msc 150 Purchased Some primera/micra bits and pieces I missed 20quid

purchased battery, cable, electical tape, couplings, gaffa tape etc.. 60quid..

all the panels and bodykit Ive already got inc lights ...

Roll cage 350quid

Some fabrication 50quid

Cai Intake 45quid

New Autocrome 4,2,1, manifold 120quid

Harnesses 50quid

Bearings 40quid

Welding supplies 20quid

Some more... but thats the main, Included are about 3 ive not got yet but will have soon..

Ive not included the price I paid for he kit originally because it depends if your fitting a kit..

TBH if you were to just lower the car with alloys and keep the bodywork standard you would save on most of my cost.. But I want the 225 tires on the deep dish rims with the wide track.... and need the arches for that... plus for the looks... lol.

Also these prices do not include labour. Ive done all this myself with the help sometimes of Elliot.. ( <-Top guy )

.......So... cost depends on what youve already got to hand and hpw much you can do yourself...

975quid, if my quick count up is correct,..... Call it 1000pounds has got me a micra fitted with a
Highport SR20DE with stainless race manifold, Alu CAI, Wide Arches fitted, Rollcage, Buckets, Twin boot exit, smooth doors, Deep dish alloys, blitz Ht leads, new 2t engine crane, many ckuffed knuckles, ...

Given the added cost of unforseen things in addition too that above for the MOT etc.. also the full repray at around 600quid and new tires.. Im looking at a conservative total cost of around: 2200pounds + the loss of my wide arch micra ( priceless lol )

Also a total of around 3 weeks labour for the strippign of the 3 cars and building of 'Krisallis' lol

But I will have one of the most unique micras in europe with blistering performance.. Hopefully..

I dont think its too expensive for the attention the car will be getting.. fingers crossed..

Ive got it all noted down... so if I ever do again.. I know where i can save even more money,time and effort.....

Onto the latest update..

Ive had another delivery and to my surprise its from America!!!

Its like xmas!!

dsc00023av5.jpg

dsc00022vd8.jpg

One for my Primera eGT and one for the micra project!..

Worked out about 235punds for the both delivered!!.. And apparantly a Janspeed 4,2,1 New is around the 200 mark delivered.!!.. Plus this is Mirror finish Stainless with gasketsand bolts!!

On the micra:
dsc00030pu7.jpg

Ive now fitted all the bodywork.. bar the drivers side wing due to some welding needed 1st..

This is earlier today..!

dsc00027ue0.jpg

Just the task of prepping the fibreglass and smoothing in the rear quarters etc..

Good job weve just had security and an alarm fitted to the garage!! lol..

This SR20 lark is starting to save me money ha ha!!

your grills waiting mate.. can u do wednesday/thursday? Im all over the place for a few days now..

Sonic: I have an idea of what I want.. Sort of a combination of two ideas...

Not easy mind.. and ill probably change my mind 5 times before shes sprayed..

... in other words .. yes....

Lime is still on the cards lol!

MIGHT!!!.. do a badboy bonnet too... will lose the jap feel but i like um..

I'm going for the open grille but keeping the bonnet standard, and still wanting the hi viz orange paint, where are you considering getting yours sprayed ?

p11sr20 said:
until the rust covers it lol

It wont.. Its stainless.. It will fade over time though.. but Ive got a turbo manifold going on within a year.. At which time I can sell the manifold for more than I paid for it lol...

sonic said:
stainless doesn't rust.
wait and see lol.
the autochrome is a lower grade (t401 iirc)of stainless than the hotshot one(t304) hence the difference in price. the autochrome will get surface rust (will never rot through though) but the hotshot one wont

do the whole manifold :)

Keeps the heat in the manifold, causing the exhaust gas to become hotter, which makes it less dense and less strain on the engine to get rid of it, gives same affect of a bigger bore exhaust :)

im running a 2.25 system, I wont need it..

Also I love the looks, Its SO SHINY! lol!

When my bloody Rad and intake arrive I can start pimping the engine bay lol!

Update, Ive finished all the welding on the front. Ive reinforced the mounts and rebuilt the drivers side headlight surround..

This means....

The front can be built up again, Ive just thrown it all together and it actually lines up quite well for an initial test fit.. ive made some decisions with regards to the bonnet and bonnet pins are needed now, in order to make room for big RAD and FMIC eventually

dsc00035kf1.jpg

dsc00033np2.jpg

My sweet Polished Aluminium Induction system has arrived but doesn't fit!

..and my Rad and fan has arrived but theyve got it at the post office... Radiators dont fit through my letterbox apparantly.. ( something tells me they never tried... lol )

Im in no mad rush for either though...

So some good progress now.. can finally get round to the FINAL fix.. and the fibreglassing of my rear quarters he he....

kristian said:
..and my Rad and fan has arrived but theyve got it at the post office... Radiators dont fit through my letterbox apparantly.. ( something tells me they never tried... lol )

LOL, Is that super shiney too?!!!

Id be happy if it was ha ha....

Comon.. the more bling in the engine bay the better...

Im hopefully gone have it running AND moving this coming weekend..

Nothing wrong with a bling engine bay!!! It's keeping it bling!!! You'd b rubbing away every weekend!!

Whey!. my Rad and fan has finally arrived.. this means I can finally get the thing up and running and leaving it running to test the fan and cooling with the electric waterpump.....

Meanwhile the bodywork is still getting worked on here and there..

Also, the rear lights have been patched in.. even the reverse works now ha ha!!

And dashboard can go in once everything is tested and is fine..

but....Ive still got this bloody problem with the indicators..! Grr!

Will get some up asap..

Im hoping for a lot of progress by wednesday..and a LOAD over the weekend.. then it going for its first MOT which im sure it will fail but I need that to Know what I need to rectify..

infact.. that reminds me.. gotta send the log book off with its new color LOL!!

Back