• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Kristian's WideArch SR20DE(T) K11 BLOG

wow it is absolute madness doing all that work to a micra but then again im well impressed. keep up the good work, wish i could just put a nitro radio controlled car together.

right lets get this sorted lol dave you said lol to RCdevelopments im guessing you have some info about them they built jo and johns car the first time.. then pete came in with another lol so im guessing he knows somthing to so please do tell :D

pete has been quiet since the closing of MH and he was interested in getting forged pistons from datrats etc.

Im thinking his possibly building a turbo spec k11 or has built one.

Regarding this project Ive got hundreds of photos of the whole transformation of a standard micra to an SR20 Monster...

I do want to share the whole process and If anybody needs some information or advice Im more than welcome to explain...

Due to some reasons im not going to supply a running Blog, but I will keep you all updated will small clips and images..

dscn3654nu9.jpg

Engine is in and running fine.. starts and idles...

The dials are mostly functioning now.. Temp, Tacho, Fuel level, warning lights..

Im onto fitting headlights rear lights next and making sure the wiring is all corect for these.. then onto wipers and indicators.. then bodykit..

Im trying top upload a short video of the engine running now..

nice mate :D you'll be finnished in no time ;)

so by engine running does that mean you have the transmition sorted? will it move?

All that I did on my car was seem weld the chassis legs and bulkhead.

That and I used the Almera GTi front crossmemeber and Sunny GTi engine support (better ground clearance than the Almera GTi unit).

Polyurethane engine mounts also work well.

NISMO_ALMERA said:
All that I did on my car was seem weld the chassis legs and bulkhead.

That and I used the Almera GTi front crossmemeber and Sunny GTi engine support (better ground clearance than the Almera GTi unit).

Polyurethane engine mounts also work well.

Thanks.. well im using an 10x Rollcage in addition to lots of strengthening as Im running a lot of fibreglass bodywork and dont want any cracks in the bodywork joints.. Also concidering im running a conciderably lighter than a standard micra I think it will be trouble free...

NEX AND IAN:

The gear linkage is all connected up but the shafts are being left out till later..( If they dont fit Ian, expect a knock on the Door! Grrr! ) Im sorting out all the hoses and wiring first.. Also Ive got the hub bearings to replace..

WHAT IVE GOT LEFT TO FIT ( Pre MOT ):

Primera 2.0 radiator and Fan
Powerflow exhaust- CAT back
CAT
Stainless 4,2,1, manifold and downpipe
Bodykit
Doors
Bonnet
Tailgate
Headlights, indicators, Rear lights
Air filter
Strutbrace
Cobra Bucket seats
Carpet

WORK LEFT TO DO:

Finish engine wiring,
Finish Interior wiring
Cover all sharp parts of interior ( with it being stripped out )
Decide what im doing with dashboard, clocks etc..
Make sure cooling is 100%
Make sure engine is 100%
Overhaul hubs
Decide what brakes are going on

Things left to buy:

Decent Rad Hoses
Decent engine hoses ( coolant )
What ever brakes im using if other than P10 SR20DE eGT ones..
Some suspension componants that were left off the car ( IAN Grrr!! )
Full whiteline kit

someone i know paid 3 k for a digi dash in the steering wheel but then they race pro cars ;)

Kristian sorry ive been busy working 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks so not been able to come down. Love the progress. its coming on a treat. Good luck with whats left :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtD0YDT2lw

does this work..??

There is no image yet.. should just be a black and white mess....

What you should be able to HEAR though is our attempt to start the engine.. the engine starts and runs but very poorly.. this is due to some very dirty fuel..

At the very end you can hear the engine really clear up and rev and idle well..

There are a lot of sensors not connected to the ECU still, so ive got good hopes for the whole thing to work very well when everythings finally connected up..

ill also will post a Proper video

We litterally ran if for just a few moments to check the starter motor, fuel pump, lines, ignition, coil...etc... Its been run for less 20/30 seconds..

But it does run ... thats the main thing...

is the clip working?

Yeah mate, it's working. :)

It did make a massive difference near the end of the clip. Like you said, must have been the dirty fuel... and a dodgy air to fuel ratio. There's still all of the vacuum pipes to connect up. Do you have a carbon canister knocking around anywhere? Both a Micra one, or a P10 one would be fine. :)

-Elliot

kristian said:
We litterally ran if for just a few moments to check the starter motor, fuel pump, lines, ignition, coil...etc... Its been run for less 20/30 seconds..

But it does run ... thats the main thing...

is the clip working?

fair enough, what rad are you going for? apparently the duel copper 1.3 ones are good enough :)

One of the trailing arms that holds on the rear axel ( Pass side ) is missing and some anti roll bar bolts and bushes...

No worries mate.. Ill sort it.. want whiteline anyhow...

Unless you do find that rear axel trailing arm?

kristian said:
Ive already organised a big rad and fan.. with running an electric pump im after some good cooling,...

talking of cooling, are you thinking of cooling the oil?

where did u get that bodykit as i would like to get some bits of it like the archres front and back and the side skirts

I Did, It was a HOTSHOT manifold.. But I got an offer I couldnt refuse so i sold it... along with the full system for the p10

Ive since purchased a PAIR of BRAND NEW 4,2,1 autocrome stainless manifolds from america for the price I sold the Hotshot one... One for my micra and one for my GT

kristian said:
I Did, It was a HOTSHOT manifold.. But I got an offer I couldnt refuse so i sold it... along with the full system for the p10

Ive since purchased a PAIR of BRAND NEW 4,2,1 autocrome stainless manifolds from america for the price I sold the Hotshot one... One for my micra and one for my GT
can't fault you then!!!

Back