K11 Rat in Progress.. Suspension Query

Hello All,

I got myself a K11 which need a few bits to tidy up.

Passed it's MOT after some I welded some new plates to the sills and replaced the CV joints..

The car is used as a run around and I want to drop it low.

I've read about Matiz shocks/springs combos etc, but could I please have some clarification?

Do I require rear Matix springs for the front?
I'm assuming the Matiz springs fit the K11 shock cups OK?

I have read loads but as always find conflicting information...

For the rears what is the best route? c u t the springs? or is there an alternative spring available?

Thanks in advance.

New to the forum.. Please take a look at the below..
Some previous info;

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=210949#post210949

http://s15.zetaboards.com/AE111_Forum/topic/6978669/1/#new

hi b18 :grinning:
the matiz or suzuki rears fit fine but will only drop about 40mm, and they fit the rear ok for about 50mm but you need the shorter corsa rear shocks to keep them secure

the matiz or suzuki rears fit fine but will only drop about 40mm, and they fit the rear ok for about 50mm but you need the shorter corsa rear shocks to keep them secure

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I havent seen a Suzuki model mentioned before, what model ####uzki parts fit the K11? springs or both springs and shocks?

Just so I'm 100% sure;

Matiz rear springs in the front (~ -40mm, we could always modify the spring for a greater drop) - std or uprated front shocks
Matiz rears in the rear (~ -50mm) - Corsa rear shocks as the std Micra shocks are too long when fitted with a Mitiz srping

Cheers Frank

Just so I'm 100% sure;
Matiz rear springs in the front (~ -40mm, we could always modify the spring for a greater drop) - std or uprated front shocks

The Matiz rear springs are shorter than the Micras fronts which help with the drop, but because of that they can't be cut as they won't be captive anymore. There's only a little amount of preload on them, (you can assemble the matiz spring on the micra shocks without needing compressors).
Matiz front struts are shorter and can be made to fit, which would help if you did want to go lower:
4982604130_6fcf5662b7.jpg

And it's the Suzuki Alto's suspension I believe thats similar/identical to the Daewoo Matiz's.

Sorry to hijack the thread (Y)
And sorry for a repeat question but what year Corsa shocks. Are they a straight swap or do they need modifying at all??
Thanks again (Y)

Tis all your findings pal
I just copied it:wasntme:

Are you still using the Matiz setup Frank? Or you on coilies?

i found the coilies too harsh tbh matt, been on the (lowered perch) matiz legs for a month or two now, and cut rears and corsa rear shocks :)

Sorry to hijack the thread (Y)
And sorry for a repeat question but what year Corsa shocks. Are they a straight swap or do they need modifying at all??
Thanks again (Y)

the tops are the same, but you have to shave a mil or so off each side of the bottom bush, and use a smaller m10 bolt :)

Back