K11 Performance Exhaust ------------------

Hi, i currently have a 4 branch manifold, downpipe, Decat, Rear pipe to back box all made by janspeed BUT have a standard back box and has been like this for a couple of months, what i would like to know what is the best back boxes to use... also what kind or prices would they go for?

Cheers

J

depends what sort of noise you want from the car, the performance will not really make any real difference from the backbox any power you would gain you probably have it already from the rest of the exhaust change.

Well the standard back box does restrict over a performance one so i reckon theres gonna be a difference when fitting a performance unit overall...

J

Maybe 1 BHP at most from just a backbox, the power is lost through the hole exhaust where the bends on a standard pipe are thinned so restricts the air flow. On a performance system the bends are made the same thickness as the rest of the pipe. The backbox will restrict but if the rest of the exhaust has been changed the restriction will be minimal on it.

What sort of noise or peformance are you hoping for? Is the Janspeed system you have a rally system or road system? The road system connects the centre pipe to the backbox with a 2 bolt bracket much like the standard one. The rally system is a slot together system.

the janspeed system i have does have a flange like the standard where the back box connects but its a flat flange not like the original when it has a small circular ring sticking out for the gasket ring to fit in if you see what i mean, i would like a nice burble note of sound but nothing stupidly loud where the police can hear you coming and be noticed kind of sound e.t.c. the janspeed back box, what kind of sound does that produce?

Cheers

J

The Janspeeds sound quite raspy (rally style). Ashley competitions are quite loud but burble quite nicely. Maniflow is the nicest sounding one by far it is a subtle burble down low but gives a deep tone whilst excellerating without that headache noise, Ive not heard a sportex so unsure if they are any good. trying to think of any others......

Hi Snapeson, am interested.... you have PM

Also cheers guys for your replys about types of exhaust and sounds..... really appreciated!!!!

Cheers

J

Back