Best exhaust diameter for performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Almera not astra - look at his pictures of manifolds on 1st page, almera car in background - silver boot saying Almera.

Scott's post has been removed.

If you dont have anything constructive to add to this thread Scott, then don't bother posting in it.

Ok guys, I think this thread has got me more than enough information (and more :p). Check the link in my sig next week when i've got my new exhaust system made up hopefully!

Thanks very much to all you lot as usual :grinning:!

Faisal

Yep sr will need a much bigger exhaust 2" is obviously going to be restrictive! I'm not 100% but aren't sr engines running 2" standard anyway

The micra engine is a modern day version of the old Austin A series engine ( Google it) even today it still uses the same bore and stroke in 998 and 1275 form. Years of research and testing has proven the ultimate exhaust size on an A series (mini engine) is 1.7/8" I can't see it being much different on a micra

Yes thanks mate - will be going for straight through 2" mandrel bent system if I can find any mandrel benders in London.

im running a 2" system (i think) on my 1300 k11 on a standard manifold, and its fine with that and i imagine when i get a 4 branch it should be much better, i dont have my back pressure but its alot less restricted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back