K11 Modding Advice

I own a Y reg Micra K11 1.0 16v. I have a keen interest in car modding but have never actually tried it. This is the first decent car i've had and want to make something of it. It only has 35k on the clock. I just want some tips on how to make my car a monster on a very limited budget. Any advice? I fancy a really subtle rally style look.

First of all I'd get a super s bumper with driving lights, that'll give a it a rally-ish look. Maybe a subtle roof scoop.

Thats the one with the fogs near the center right? I was thinking of putting some fogs in my standard bumper and adding a nice lip? I'm not sur how to upload pics to these threads so i could put a picture of my motor up.

Olly, first of all the Super S was a pre-facelift model, a Y reg would be a facelift.

SO a super S conversion would mean bumpers, bonnet, grille, wings, headlights, blah blah blah.

When you say car modding, what route do you want? Aesthetics or Performance?

Oh yeah, I love the white five spoke nismo alloys but they're pricey. at the moment i've got standard seven spoke alloys which don't look too bad for now.

I had thought about respraying the standard ones but i dont know if theres much point! apparently standard almera alloys fit, is that just a myth?

ollie240585- I'm not sure mate, it's the activ model i know that. 1.0 16v.

I think it'd be coilpack..

And yep, almera alloys fit straight on, got GTI one's on mine (Y).

Look at easy, cheap things. Debadge? Debumpstrip? A bit fo colourcoding maybe?

Performance wise I think you'd be best sorting some sort of airfilter. Everyone says different but i think the best performance wise is a panel filter in the standard airbo, maybe with an extra air feed.
After that, janspeed manifold & exhaust system.

All depends on your budget ;)

Rally

If you want to rallify you K11, move the Number Plate and put one of these in it's place, You can get these from most motor stores at around £66.oo or from myself for about £30.00 + £7.5 P&P.

thum_4521470f5fd06dde4.jpg

Do you have any pics of the car in hand?

pjg1979-dunno how to post pics!

robert-yeah that's what i was thinking of doing. I've had a few rough estimates of how much gain i'll get from induction and exhaust. anyone got any realistic figures?

I think with those, 100bhp(ish) from a 1.3 (up from 75)..

Not sure on a 1l.. Maybe 75ish at a guess?

Most cost effecient way of doing it would be to drop in a 1.3 before doing anything..
On saying that though, most of what you do should swap over so a 1.3 could be added later on.

Back