K11 has problems...anybody provide help

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
in away one of them isnt a serious problems or i think it isnt but there are two problems:
1. my engine gets VERY HOT on the shortest drive :-( when i got the car i used to chech oil and coolant quite reguarly. however i never noticed the car getting this hot. i used to fill up my coolant becasue it would get low, but now i havent had to fill it up IN A LONG TIME??? is it possibly i have a BLOCKAGE in my radiator pipe??? also my induction kit might be sucking hot air in which i can remove and test again

2. the other is that my car "VIBRATES" coming out of gears at low revs?? its quite annoying? i didnt relise but when i brought the car it had an oil leak. a mechanic said i might have OIL ON THE CLUTCH and its not engaging?

cheers for any help!!
napster

You may have an airlock in the system, have you squeezed all the coolant pipes with the radiator cap off?
If not could be the headgasket or a mis-reading thermostat, or just a faulty gauge in the dash, what condition is the radiator in?
I really don't think that this will have bee n caused by the K&N.

the reading on the dash is "lever stting in middle" which according to the handbook states it is at "normal optimum temperature"??

its just on the shortest journeys the engine is seriously hot :-( am a little concerned.

havent checked pipes, but the coolant tank isnt going down?? if i look in the radiator cap though its filled to the top?

cheers for the info craig. appreciated!!
napster

How high does it go up on the dial?
If you are really worried you can always get an aftermarket temp. gauge to see exactly how hot it is.
Try squeezing all the coolant pipes to check for air locks, is there anything creamy looking in the radiator/expansion tank?

my temperature gauge sits in the middle???
no cream on top!!
if i squezze all the pipes wont i "suck in air" making more blockages"???
thanks

according to my hand book it is too.
"if it sits in the middle its fine".

well all i need to know is whether any body elses car gets EXTREMELY HOT, or untouchable, after a short journey??

anybody also get a VERY HOT ENGINE?
napster

Sitting in the middle is perfectly normal, you will not suck air in as it is less dense than water/coolant so alwaysreises to the top, you are just giving it a helping hand out.

cheers for the info on the "hot engine",
but the one thats getting on my nerves is the "vibrations"!!! :(
anybody know ANYTHING about what is making it "shudder" and "vibrate"?
thanks again for the help
napster

after speaking to a few mechanics and mates, it might be that i need a "new clutch":
they say that it is not "engaging properly" and "slipping"??? if so would this make the car "vibrate" coming out of gears??
any help appreciated!
napster

one way to test the clutch (not recommended, do so at own risk):

stop the car in an "out of the way" place, put the car in 4th, release cluth quickly (jus take your foot off). If the car instantly stalls, thats good! If it goes forward abit and then stalls, thats not good.....

cheers for that "rlee85"!

umm this might sound odd, but not sure a while back my mate was driving my car (he had passed his test dont worry lol) but he stalled my car (on purpose) and i recall it moving forwards????

ohh well that settles it lol
so whats this mean if anybody knows.
should i quickly sell the car :) lol (joking)
napster

Napster said:
cheers for that "rlee85"!

umm this might sound odd, but not sure a while back my mate was driving my car (he had passed his test dont worry lol) but he stalled my car (on purpose) and i recall it moving forwards????

Test it again because he may not have been in 4th, or stationary.

One way I have heard (think Ed said this) is that you sit at about 3,000rpm in 2nd and give it enough brake and throttle to keep it at that speed and then floor the throttle, if the engine revs and you go nowhere, clutch gone, if you start going faster, not clutch.

well ive done that craig, and ill tell ya my car wants to move :)
i havent got a rev counter, but i know that when i put my foot down the car moves very quickly!!!
so does this mean its not clutch??
ohh its so confusing, cause i have no idea what the vibrating is?

ohh another point is that i put "14" alloys on and with these on the car VIBRATED EVEN MORE which is why i took them off!! they where not balanced properly which is why i though if i took them off it would stop the car vibrating!! however with the orginal steelies on the car shakes, but not as bad"

thanks for help

Very obvious question, but even I have done this, did you stick the wheels back on properly? It can't hurt to check this as it is a free fix

the garage put them on with there "pressure gun" and then torque rench", but they could have come undone again??

ill check though

at low revs it vibrates but at high revs its like the wheels are now KEEPING UP WITH THEM SELVES (in there circle, if that makes sense) and not vibrating!!
thanks everybody

Back