Radiator problems with Micra K11

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

At 12 midnight Monday-Tuesday morning 12th-13 Feb: My Nissan Micra K11 broke down with no real sign’s of what was wrong except the power of mtion was slowing and the temp gauge showed very hot I contacted my startrescue breakdown company & had to wait 90 minutes for the repair man to show up. In the mean time I bought some more antifreeze then topped up radiator myself once the radiator cap had cooled down & noticed that the rad was nearly empty. I was able then to drive home without the repair guys help.

On the 13th I removed the coolant expansion tank with some ease (as I had cut the black plastic tube away from the c/e/t sometime ago to make it easier the fill the coolant expansion tank) & flushed it out with fresh water and noticed that some bits of plastic and other foreign objects came out as well as the antifreeze. I then fitted it with a cover to hide the hole in the body of the holder and then refitted it the car & added more antifreeze, and then took it on 10 mile test drive just to make sure everything was OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radiator not got any leaks?
May notice like a lime scale build up some where around it, most of the 2001to 03 have crappy radiators and all leaked , they seemed to change the design or it was some cheap aftermarket one
Also if its been low may want bleeding , do it when cold start the car , take the rad cap off and I just keepsqueezing the top and bottom hoses and you will see air bubbles come out and keep topping up, worked on all of mine without fault

Radiator not got any leaks?
May notice like a lime scale build up some where around it, most of the 2001to 03 have crappy radiators and all leaked , they seemed to change the design or it was some cheap aftermarket one
Also if its been low may want bleeding , do it when cold start the car , take the rad cap off and I just keepsqueezing the top and bottom hoses and you will see air bubbles come out and keep topping up, worked on all of mine without fault
Hi Nissan Boy, Your right there was a leak from the passenger side of radiator in that corner so I went for the Holts radweld for the time being as money is a bit short at the moment. You mention crappy rads so what would you say is the better ones Valeo at £70 or BOLK for £35. peter0003

Bolk or the £33 eBay one I would say,
Just for some reason Nissan seemed to change radiators designs from a decent to a poor design with no outer frame and such and seem to corrode and fail pretty easy,
Or pop the scrappy for one?

Back