1995 1.3 K11 ncvt has no drive

Hi everyone,
I have an 1995 1.3l k11 micra with the ncvt transmission, after cv seal replacement and oil change it has no drive.
The selector is moving fine, I have removed the electro magnetic brush holder and they are excellent condition I have also checked continuity of the brush holder installed and all are good.
I have checked oil lever and have used correct cvt fluid.
When in park the car doesn't roll so it is definitely engaging, I have jacked it up and both cv's appear to be completely in and locked with the retainer.
I have done the cvt code diagnosis and it came up as flash 4 which i believe is electromagnetic clutch short circuit which is strange as it seemed fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have limited knowledge on cvt transmissions.

Last edited:
Just a little update. While checking the fuses and relays i found that if I removed the cvt relay and refitted it while running and in gear the cvt went into drive / reverse. As soon as i used the brakes to change gear or into neutral/ park it stalled.
Would I be correct in assuming this would be an issue the powder magnetic clutch torque converter?

Last edited:
Have you got a CVT light on?

The only occurrence I had like this on my prefacelift the drive just went, though I got no CVT light, I assumed the drive belt snapped in the box, though it was too costly to find out etc.
The trouble with these type of issues on a CVT, hardly anyone deals with these type of gearboxes or has knowledge, they very complicated.

I have 2 prefacelifts K11 CVT, though I assume to, if I have any CVT issues it could be the end of the car, because unless it's something simple, the diagnostic thing cost wise gets more than the car!

Sorry can't be more help.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply, once I get the drive going it has the cvt light blinking but once I brake and it stalls the light is constant.
I have drained the fluid and taken the sump off to check the magnet and there is no metal or contamination so I assume the belt is ok.
I couldn't change the filter as everywhere I have gone either doesnt stock them or has no stock here in Australia but i doubt that would cause my issues, I made sure it was clean prior to refitting the sump and refilling with new fluid.

Last edited:
I had another similar situation on my current CVT.
The CVT started blinking and vehicle started jerking, I changed the throttle body and the CVT issue went away, so wasn't sure if a sensor on the TB affects the CVT gearbox in any way?

I ran a diagnostics test, dont have the scan tool so did it the manual way. It came up as code 55 which is no faults detected on the ecu.

So I finally got round to working on it again, after taking the torque converter out I found a couple of pieces of the old brushes which must have broken off and where jammed between the slip ring and transmission housing causing a short.
Now after cleaning the slip rings, replacing the input seal and putting it back together with fresh oil it is now not going over 30km/h.
Prior to all these issues it was driving fine and had no problem changing between the shift solenoids and would accelerate perfectly.
Would anyone know what may cause this issue? Oil pump, shift solenoids???

Last edited:
So I finally got round to working on it again, after taking the torque converter out I found a couple of pieces of the old brushes which must have broken off and where jammed between the slip ring and transmission housing causing a short.
Now after cleaning the slip rings, replacing the input seal and putting it back together with fresh oil it is now not going over 30km/h.
Prior to all these issues it was driving fine and had no problem changing between the shift solenoids and would accelerate perfectly.
Would anyone know what may cause this issue? Oil pump, shift solenoids???
Hello mate , did you solve this my cvt gearbox is gone and really overrevs to move at a yard a minute , changed the bushes and nothing changed , did you solve your problem and what did you do

Does it make any strange noises? Also when did you last change the CTV-Fluid? Make sure it's Nissan NS-3 CVT Fluid (5-Litre)

Back