K11 dismay

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I have been trying to sell my 02 plate k11 for some time now without much in the way of luck, Granted it has not got the correct engine gearbox combination in it, ie I removed the coil pack engine in favor of the earlier type. Now it passed an mot without a problem its taxed looks mint and is indeed in very good order and last night the bidding closed at £970 not what I wanted but hey times are hard so sometimes you have to accept the good with the bad. (Y) Guy rang me up gave him reg number ect for insurance and arranged for collection this friday. Ten mins later he rings back calling me all the lying cheating so and so,s he could think of, Hold on there just a min what the **** you talking about you idiot! It turns out my micra that ive spent countless hours on was a CAT C write off, now anyone on here that knows cars ie Frank will tell you this means diddly squat these days insurance companys write cars off for the smallest of knocks, Now the fact I didnt know didnt help matters as I thought oh yea some ### just getting out of the deal but NO sure enough it was written off in 2006 looking into it which I have last night with a good few £££ spent my micra was written off for a damaged nearside wing headlight and nearside front bumper, there was no damage to inner wings chassis ect mearly panel damage. So state of play is that I offerd it over on a 2nd chance offer to the next highest bidder at 950 he rang me as he didnt want to pay that given the information I told him, Ive had to accept £700 for it a big big kick in the privates but what can I do you think you have a good car on your hands and it turns out you havent, nothing was disclosed to me when I bought it and I didnt look at the front cover of log book (stupid place to put it) for the information regarding this. If that wernt enough the first winning bidder has reported me to ebay for none disclosier of it been a write off which he says is illiegal object of this story is allways allways check the front cover of logbook or get it hpi checked..........:down:

As far as I know you are not required to state the car was a write-off unless asked. A dealer would have to mention it though. So he's talking nonsense about non-disclosure.

Fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter if it was CAT C with a broken headlamp or a full frontal impact, when it comes to resale time the car is going to be worth less - hence this guys anger I guess.

Right kick in the nuts that anyway... glad you at least got it sold. Someone got a bargain...

Dealer never told me my Micra was a previous writeoff, until the V5 came through with:
Accident damaged and/or substantially repaired on xx/xx/2004
Identity checked on xx/xx/2004
on the front page.

Wasn't pleased about it (it cost me £1550 at the time) but there was nothing I could do about it sadly!

thats exactly how its happened to me, and I could not for life of me understand why an 02 micra wasnt selling, now I know and im furious to put it mildly, I have seen the person I bought it from and all he said to me was you didnt ask so I didnt tell. Well he now sports a bust lip and bruised eye the limpit. So no doubt i will be in trouble for that its a bitter pill to swallow that im down a grand in just under 1 year next time its the first thing i check.....

so does it say cat d on the front or substantially repaired and/or accident damaged and repaired on ??/??/????

because thats what my micra has on it, unfortunatly i never knew that either not that im bothered

Cat C is mentioned on the V5 but Cat D isn't.
There is no legal obligation to state that the car is either if you are selling it but if you know its a good idea to say so. By the time you get to cars below £1500 people don't really bother HPI checking them so its unlikely buyers or sellers would know either way unless it had obviously been repaired.

As 'category' cars status is decided by the insurer you can bet there will be all sorts of dodgy dealings. (I hate insurance companies!)
For example, I have saw older K11s classified as category C because the rear window is broken and the tailgate is dented. Its not that it isn't economic to repair, its more to do with the market value after it is repaired.
Just look on any salvage auction website at some of the Cat D cars needing roof pillars, chassis legs etc.
In the industry it is widely known Insurance companies will 'stretch' the criteria of what is a Cat C and Cat D to earn extra cash.
Heres a useful link...
http://www.hbc.co.uk/info/faq.html#q2

just my bad luck i suppose there was nothing wrong with the car and i would defie any aa or rac to have found any signs of repair but its gone now so stuff it, still got my other micra that aint getting sold so enough crying i think and let the good times roll................whoopie

wtf?! just because its a cat C? these idiots have no idea what cat C write off means, they think that it is some how unsafe or not worth as much because its all banged up.... they are just trying to rip you off, i mean they are still happy to buy the car, it is nothing to do with there saftey or anything like that, they just wont pay lots of money when it says Cat C....

oh well at least its gone, live and learn on this one, at least you had something to drive for a bit

People are ####s, but at the same time people dont want to buy cars that have been messed with in any way and lets face it yours was, the same happened to me, i got some bloke wanting to travel 100 miles on the train to look at my car not realising it was modified! Stupid #### didnt even read the ad properly, if i hadnt mentioned it on the phone to double check he would of travelled all that way just to turn around again cos he didnt want to know about it as soon as i said, prat. But like yourself its done now, it reminded me though how its much better to hold on to a car as long as poss. im gonna run this primera into the ####### ground lol. :)

well i hope it al goes tits up for them I realy do, they even had the nerve to ask for a receipt, needless to say they didnt get it, plus they were like vultures trying to find fault with it. Best laugh was when they asked for the service book! I said that it was advertised as having no service record to which they replied oh so you dont have service book, so I told them I had one and asked for £50.00 for it they said no so they didnt get it, they had bought the car at that point and paid for it. 4 or 5 times after they asked for service book and I replied 50 quid they didnt get it lol. I hope they made it down to leeds/bradford...........And they where totally disrespectfull talking in pujab or hindi so I could not understand what they were saying.................

aye but thing is how i ended up with it that it belonged to my mates son they had only had it 6 months and he blew the engine, they paid 1600 + his t reg punto in part ex from a garage in consett, they could not get an engine so i had a 1.3 none coilpack + gearbox so i did a swap with him for my 1.3 si thinking at the end of it I would have made money, they wernt aware that it was a cat c so they say the garage never told them and the up shot is ive lost about a grand.......now the way i look at life if he was any sort of mate he would have said heres a couple of quid ( i rekon about 250) so we both absorbed it but nah he dont want to know so thats that cant force him....but I know now to use that txt service that gives you a full report for only £3.50.........as for mates well I think its time I put a lid on mates rates as im sick of being mr nice guy where they can have there cars repaired for next to nowt...............once bitten twice shy......first and last time I get caught getting my fingers burnt. lesson learnt

sorry to hear that fella. my corolla was written off on pannel damage ( dents ) and scratched steels. p**s take huh?

Back