Sunstrip on K11 query

Hi,

I've a sunstrip sitting here that I would like to fit on my K11. It's white with Nismo written on it in black with the 'O' in red.

Anyway, I had one fitted on it about 4 years ago, but had to take it off because the MOT guy was going to fail the car if I didn't take it off. The width of the sunstrip was 20cm, which is the same that I have now.

For those of you that have sunstrips on your cars, what are the legal requirements to having one fitted. The MOT guy said to me that it was because the wiper blades were going over the sunstrip area. The standard wipers on the K11 pretty much goes right to the top of the windscreen when it's in motion. I've asked a few MOT guys, but no one can give me an answer. I mean, how far down on the windscreen does your sunstrip come? I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

yer it should not have the wipers hitting it, i'm pretty sure ive seen people change there wipers for smaller ones when mot comes round though!

Back