K11 crash

I've just come back from work, but on the way I went to see a K10 I'm thinking of buying, it looks ok and will probably get it, but as I was travelling home I hit some diesel on a rain soaked island and spun off into the kerb, the nearside front alloy is scuffed, the nearside rear is bent beyond repair and to top it all off the rear beam axle is bent, the rear wheel toes out at around 15 degrees, I'll have a closer look in the morning when it's light, and post some pictures. so if anyone has a spare K11 beam axle they dont want give me a shout.

still, its awful when something like this happens. I would seriously break down and cry if anything happened to percy!

i really feel sorry for you.
i crashed last wednesday simalair sort of thing.
just got to wait and see the extent of the damge tomorrow from the garage.

think posertive. your still alive to pick up the piece and no one else was injuryed.

totally sucks guys, but things happen. always look at the better side, at least no one was hurt :)

Welly do you think you will be splitting ? *cough*

im glad your being abit optimistic about it :) good luck getting it fixed. if that happened to me id have to give myself an emergency underpant change before anything at the fear of loosing me car for good! lol

I still have my shell Sonic, however you can't just take the beam, you'll have to take the whole shell as I can't really make it totally immobile on my drive. Give me a call, check your pm

Alienfish360 said:
I still have my shell Sonic, however you can't just take the beam, you'll have to take the whole shell as I can't really make it totally immobile on my drive. Give me a call, check your pm

I'm not allowed to have another incomplete car on the garden, Ginnette (the mrs) says that 3 is too many but 4 would be extracting the urine, so it looks like a trip to the breakers for parts.

Layla said:
still, its awful when something like this happens. I would seriously break down and cry if anything happened to percy!

ahh just read this what a nightmare I would just cry to if anything happened to molly...

and manda I would have thought yours was called Kurmit lol

I've nearly finished repairing it now, I would have finished if I hadn't cross threaded the flexi pipe on the off side brake line totally wrecking it. The axle I got for it was off a 2001 model, but whilst putting it on (last 2 bolts) I noticed there's nowhere for the anti roll bar to bolt to it so I just took it off (weight saving), doesn't the post 2000 have an anti roll bar ? I'm definately going to need another set of alloys though, I've put a standard K10 wheel in place of the damaged alloy for now and it looks real crap.

View attachment 4712View attachment 4713View attachment 4714

I'm just going to cut the brackets off the bent axle and weld them to the new one. Something else I noticed while I was under the car was the plastic fuel tank, are they plastic on all K11s or just the JDM ?

On a k10 there is a drain hole, on a k11 there is not, you will need to take it from the top of the tank (under rear seats).

no, if you got some new post 2000 rear shocks from nissan you wont need the antiroll bar.

but if you ok to weld the brackets on. having both stronger shocks and a antiroll bar the handling will be improved

its a pain to syphon the fuel through the sender access plate, the tank is very low slung, you'll have to raise the car on ramps.

Disconnect the fuel feed from the filter in the engine bay and route it into a container. Turn the ignition on and pump it out using the fuel pump, wont take long at all.

i crashed my micra into a kerb yesterday.

Some of the members will know where i mean... Elk Mill Roundabout Royton. its always been a bad en but i turned off at around 20mph and started slipping so i put full lock on and still going nowhere so first reaction put brakes on and i will stop... errr no made it worse, As i broke front wheels locked up and just didnt turn on full lock so bounced onto little kerb and scuffed front alloy a bit. No other damage though. I shoulda turned wheels straight then wouldnt of scuffed anything.

thing is though always happens when ur being careful too! :(

thats what i mean. They should do something about that roundabout as its very dangerous. Ive been driving nearly 2 years now and i still get caught on it even going slow.

Fordy said:
post 2000 micras dont have rear anti roll bars as nissan uprated the rear shockers to compensate
more likley to be renault saving some cash!!! some of the early 2000 facelifts got the brackets on the axle, just no arb.

Back