Ive had a crash, im ok tho

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
Hi guys,

Was on my way to work today, i wasdoing 40mph in a 40 zone and 12 feet from the lights they changed to amber from gree, had to carry on, then a Vectra hatchback came from the right hand side of me, crossed infront of me and i reacted ASAP did an emergency stop BANG the passenger side front of my car hit her passenger rear door, i didnt smash any glass in my car or hers.

This then put me in a spin and spun me 90 degrees, thank god im ok because i braced myself, i have airbag burns and cuts and bruses but i know it will hurt more tomorrow. The vectra was in the wrong as her filter light hadnt come on. Im just so devistated because i live 22 miles away fron where i work, im alive tho which is the main thing.

Kristian is coming with me tomorrow to take a look at the damage in more detail and to get my stereo out etc because its in an impound car lot at the moment,

also i was in my car on my own and she was on her own too, i dont want to sound like a wimp but im still shaking and rarther upset...

here are some pics

Attachments

• DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 312
Damn paddy, glad you're okay mate!

That is a serious shame to lose your pride and joy.

You're fine though and thats the main thing, you can always replace your car.....

Very sorry to read that.

Main thing is your ok, the car can be fixed or an insurance claim if it's right off.

Hope you don't feel too bad tomorrow, don't be ashamed of being upset, it's not exactly a pleasant experience and it does shake you up a bit.

Kev

sorry to read that mate, as long as ur ok thats the main thing at the end of the day its only a car which can be replaced. :)

dear me paddy, such a shame :( such a nice micra u had there aswell, some1 almost hit me coz they jumped a red recently and it #### me up, and we didnt even collide.

im glad your okay, hope your not in too much pain tmr or anything

real sorry to hear about that :(

Pleased your ok. Hope you have no problems with the insurance. You might be able to get a hire car and add it onto the bill if the other drivers to blame. I would get intouch with their insurance company straight away and find out where you stand. :down:

Glad you're ok Paddy!

Don't be ashamed of being upset, someone ran into the side of me a few years ago when I had my first micra and it does shake you up bad.

Hope you don't feel too bad tomorrow.

Haylz

i know wat its like to be shaken! I was in the same kinda situation with my k11! Worst feeling in the world when your pride and joy takes a dunt and then impounded! Dont accept responsibility! At the end of the day the light was amber - not red so technically you still have right of way! Hope your not too sore tomorrow matey! Keep us posted with progress!!

Daz :alien:

Try not to worry to much man - i did the same to my K11 and got it back on the road.

As long as your ok tho man - don't worry too much about it man.

Glad you're ok mate, as others have said, the car can be replaced at the end of the day but you cant!

thanks guys :) im starting to feel the whiplash now and the aching etc, i so hope they realise it wasnt my fault because otherwise i have a excess of £770 to pay, thank god im fully comp so its no more than that

Paddy nooooo...

you ok tho arent you??? cars can be replaced mate, but theres only one Paddy...

salvage as much as you can mate and hope for the best... dont look at the car too much it will bring tears to your eyes...

at the same time if you get real upset dont hold it in, honestly mate just cry, let it all out... have a cig/cuppa/play snooker/knock one out... what ever calms you down...

we all feel for you man!!! its slippy round my area aswell...

Very sorry to hear that Paddy mate!!! Glad you are ok though, take it easy with the whiplash for a few days as it still bothers my mam nearly 3 years on, so take it easy and chill out for a while. Hope everything works out ok for you anyway. :)

Really glad your ok. Don't feel bad about being shaken up, i know i would be if that was me. Hope you feel better tom!!! Take it easy.

put it this way i cried after i drifted the micra round J25 on the M6 by mistake as i hit diesel or summot and back end slid straight out and i went towards the brick bridge and then towards the barrier but landed on hard shoulder after a 360 spin. I cried on hard shoulder for about 5 mins! and i didnt even crash!!! so dont think ur a wimp.

get your head down for some rest and stop the aching..then get back on the road asap to build your confidence back up

i know from my crashes it changes how you drive..even wen its not your fault.sooner you get back on the road and drive regular youll be back to normal

I cringed when I seen the pics. Such a shame that happened. I hope your ok bud and get the car back on the road soon. Main thing is you lived to tell the tale.

nitemare mate, sorry to hear it - its a nerve racking experioence when you crash - dont worry bout the motor either

Pad, Just glad your OK,
Like everybody says, a cars a car.

Get yourself to your GP asap.

Just look at all the support the MSC has for you. If you need to talk I am sure anyone in the club will make time for you.

Gives a shout any time.

Wai Man

Mate that was a shock, such a smart looking car to :(...

Im pleased to hear you ok, like everyone has said you can replace the car...

Take care mate!

thanks guys i really do appriciate all the support and ive realised now that a cars a car....im taking a few days off work to get myself together but i should be ok :)

im not nervous about driving again, its the frustration that i cant drive at all well at this moment in time,

thanks for all the posts and all you guys have made me more confident about the fact that norwich union will recognise that i wasnt in the wrong. Makes me proud to be part of the MSC or a 'Family' as my mum called it :)

Cool, you're with NUD like me! :) Yeah they should quote you happy ;)

Sorry to hear about it mate though, only just managed to get online tonight. Hope the whiplash clears up ASAP and you're back on the road soon :)

James.

As everyone's already said, glad your ok mate. Your with a good bunch of guys and gals on here and I'm sure they'll all help you out.

I know its horrible having something like that happen when you can't even control it. Had a woman reverse straight into the side of me while I was doing 30mph in my driving instructors car. Really knocks you about physically & emotionally, so don't worry about being upset.

I'm with Norwich Union too and I'm sure they'll see sense and know it wasn't your fault. My uncle is an insurance company claims investigator and I know that if they have even the slightest doubt about responsibility, they'll send someone around there to take photos, make maps, measure tyre marks, etc. They can do a really thorough investigation.

If she was at fault like you said, they'll find out :)

Hope you get back on the road ASAP and don't let it put you off!

Andy_S said:
put it this way i cried after i drifted the micra round J25 on the M6 by mistake as i hit diesel or summot and back end slid straight out and i went towards the brick bridge and then towards the barrier but landed on hard shoulder after a 360 spin. I cried on hard shoulder for about 5 mins! and i didnt even crash!!! so dont think ur a wimp.

I think we need a round of applause for this mans honesty..!

I cried when i sold my R5 GGT

buuuger me.. glad that your ok and live to tell the tale, was there any witnesses? if they see the accident is not your fault, make sure you get a courtesy car from her insurance company or hire one and charge it to them whichever!

roads are very slippy everywhere ive been recently

everyone take care

thanks guys,

Me and Kristian have been up to see the car today in the inpound and Kris says it is defo a writeoff.....Looks like i may be leaving the club guys because i have allways dreamt of owning a Ford Focus.... it was sad stripping my car but it means i may have my wheels for sale along with some lockin nuts...

Ill post some more pics up later...

Cheers Kristian for helping me

ill be given two options by my insurance....

Money for the for.....ie £2000

offered to buy the car back which i wont do, because i dont have the room or money to do that im afraid, i will try to keep an eye on where it ends up

like the porsche :)

anyway yeh i bet it wasnt a nice sight seeing that like that! :( still make sure you take what u put on it off and then sell it :) of course the ICE stuff keep :)

RIP Micra

sooo harsh mate, i'm really glad to hear your ok :)

hope you get a new micra real soon :D

Sorry to hear about this mate. I was in the same postition this time last year, Firstly I drove into the back of someone, the car got repaired, i got it back then three days later some old woman drove into the side of me. Both crashes where within two weeks of each other...

Sorry to hear about your car m8 ive not bin on 4 a while cause sum1 drove into my car!Hope you get a car sorted soon m8, get a SR!

Hey people

Got an update on the car, the car is defo a write-off so i went to the garage where i bought the car originally and got a replacment value of only £500 less than what i paid which is rather good. Im not completly stuck because i do have a hire care which is a K12 5door automatic, very strange in an auto.

Good news tho guys im going to get another micra as soon as i get some cash back from my insurance !

Glad to hear it's gettin sorted. Will look forward to seeing pic's of the new car!! Any thought's as to what you'll be going for yet? And i can imagine how borin it is driving a auto lol!! :D

i know it sounds silly but i want the same car......i loved it so much, i have saved the alloys you see so ideally i want to find a blue inspiration, but i defo want a facelift

Nothing silly about that!! I think most of us would agree on how attached we can get to our car's!! After all, where would we be without them?!!!! :)

Back