k11 coilpack help

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
my mates car is stuck in garage after over heating there has been 180 quid spent on parts so far not sure what these are but it still fails to turn over I wouldnt think its the nats system as it would still turn over if this was to blame battery is full charged ect it just wont turn over starter is also new and been tested. 2nd how major a job is it to change to a none coilpack engine.....cheers ken

why did it overheat? how badly did it overheat? how long was it driven in that condition? Sounds like its seized depending on what happened.

Massive(ly annoying) job to change from coil-pack to distributor ignition - you'll have to change the whole wiring loom+NATS etc. Better to spend a few quid and get a coilpack engine or mix and match the coilpack top and normal bottom halves of the engine.

Craig

ok update on above turns out that the head gasket had blown ....anyway the garage have said that the car is fixed having had the gasket and head pressure tested and skimmed.............crap it drives like a dog......and they have the nerve to charge you for it to. going thru the gears it hunts all the time its very sluggish and going up hill your down to 2nd gear to make any progress at all......if it had been pre coil pack I would have said that a plug lead was wrong or timing was out.....so what gives with these coil pack engines can they be adjusted somehow or not, is it the coil packs plugs I dont know also it cuts out when stoping at junctions well 3 times up to now........cheers ken

Looks like im going to have to sort it out for him...im annoyed that a garage can charge you to fix a car and only half do the job ...........valve timing ? wont that involve altering the timing chain.

Looks like im going to have to sort it out for him...im annoyed that a garage can charge you to fix a car and only half do the job ...........valve timing ? wont that involve altering the timing chain.

yeh, timing these cg,s without the coloured links (they tend to disappear after a few years) is a bit of a black art

If you follow the way Nissan lay out it's very simple and will only line up one way with the crank pointing at TDC. I think this is worth me taking some shots over the xmas break and making a how-to, then perhaps people can share the knowledge, as it really is simple.

cheers low rider if you can do that as it would make life simpler.....I have made him a good offer for the car so I may be repairing it for myself yet! and if thats the case then I have a 1.3 that will be put in its place along with the relevant looms and ecu ect....

If they done the head gasget and the engines running like rubbish, then the timing has to be out in my opinion, can't see any other logical reason.

Although I am drunk so Logic is not my greatest asset at the moment. Merry Christmas

thats my thoughts to. anyway have offerd him a striaght swap for my 1999 1.3 si as i have a very good low mileage 1.3 engine ecu ect sitting doing nowt, and i have just been on motor breakers web site and there is 3 cars with the correct looms to use this engine so fingers crossed he will do the deal, I know its a lot of work but at the end of it I should have a good 2002 1.3 micra not that i dont have 1 now but if you can gain a few years in reg plates so much the better........

well as you can see by the start date of this thread its been a while, and my mate just got his car back yesterday 4 weeks they have had it. They have done allsorts to it and the erratic running is cured BUT the car now cuts out when coming to a stop, Now this is intermitent it dont happen all the time then you can drive it and it cuts out all the time ie every 3 or 4 hundred yards the garage in there wisdom have not charged him any more money and they also say they have even rang nissan dealership in sunderland and they cant offer a explanation as to why it cuts out. So have this proble reared its head on msc before and if it has what was the cure as im stumped now, I think the only thing they havent changed is the throttle body.............cheers guys.
Well Well Well I have been up to drive said micra this afternoon and I have to say what a load I struggled to get 50mph on a flat road it felt as though it was only running on 3 pots, dont know what can be wrong with it but without the answers I cant fix it certanly the garage that had it for 4 to 5 weeks could not either, so time for a transplant i think out with the new and in with the old should be other way around but who cares cant leave it as it is thats a fact......

Back