k11 Problems

Hi,
Two problems on two different k11s :mad:

First is a 1996 Bog standard k11:
it hadnt been started for about 3 months , so we decided to fire it up last week , charged up the battery and turned the key and pop! There was a huge pop! Checked all the fuses and none are popped. Could it be a relay and which one? the starter motor is just clicking now. Any suggestions?

Second is my 1997 Gx:
Since i bought the car the fan has never come on, although i only drive around the driveway (a big one at that) but we drove the car 20 miles home from buying it and still didnt turn on? Now weve replaced the thermostat thinking it was that but no luck , any advice?

thanks fintan

Hi,
Two problems on two different k11s :mad:

First is a 1996 Bog standard k11:
it hadnt been started for about 3 months , so we decided to fire it up last week , charged up the battery and turned the key and pop! There was a huge pop! Checked all the fuses and none are popped. Could it be a relay and which one? the starter motor is just clicking now. Any suggestions?

Second is my 1997 Gx:
Since i bought the car the fan has never come on, although i only drive around the driveway (a big one at that) but we drove the car 20 miles home from buying it and still didnt turn on? Now weve replaced the thermostat thinking it was that but no luck , any advice?

thanks fintan

first might be the starter

second have you tried turnig the fan using a battery.

first might be the starter

second have you tried turnig the fan using a battery.

i dont think it is the starter as on our old beemers they also click when battery is dead but once charged there grand ut the micras battery is spot on? what do you mean turning it on using the battery?

battery on backwards ?
and the fan should,nt come on till its passed half way up the gauge fintan :)

Nope it was on correct! So if the temp sits at half way and the fan doesnt come on thats grand? its only when it goes past it should come on?

Back