K11 (auto n-cvt) loosing power

Hi everyone, I'm confused about my car- she's a 1994 1.0L auto with a genuine 70,000 on the clock. On Friday went Dorset and back (500 miles) on the way there she didn't miss a beat but halfway back she started to loose power it was a struggle to go above 60mph and when the motorway went very slightly uphill she fell back to 45-50. If I put the accelarator down a bit more I can hear the engine rev louder (like a kick down) but it won't go any faster. I don't think she's going into top gear because the return journey used a lot more fuel than on the way down -but thats just a guess. Any help would be great as I'm at a loss. Thanks

k11 auto

ok thanks didn't know they existed util a few minutes ago!!! are they easy to take out and inspect/change? I've never done this before? thanks

k11 auto

thanks for that I think I'll have a go at changing the gearbox oil as well as I don't know when it was last done. Now, I've heard that its not a "proper" automatic but a cvt auto clutch - can I use ordinary oil (I have some semi-synthetic sx75w 90) or do I need automatic transmission fluid? thanks

Back