N-CVT K11 power loss when trying to speed up?

Hey guys,

As the title goes, got myself a little T reg ncvt 1.3i 16v that's playing up, went to overtake someone doing 55mph and as trying to gain a bit of extra go it revved up and usually catches up, I don't normally rev it high just enough to pick up the 5-10mph to pass a car but this time it just revved higher and higher without power. After eventually overtaking and pulling into town driving again, pull off and driving in town was REALLY sluggish and slow. But strangely after parking the car up for a while I've got back into the car and it drives normally like nothing happened?

I'm just hopping it's not the gearbox going as I hear that can get a bit expensive to replace ><

Cheers in advance :)

Is that easy to inspect/road test? It's really annoying that auto boxes are a bit of a uneducated part, I've learnt fault finding for other bits on previous cars some more fun than others like gaskets or simple bits like idle control valves but how the ncvt box works is like a magic trick to a sense! Haha
I will be honest I've not tried a proper kick down ( of what I'm reading in the haynes is right that's when the accelerator is fully depressed)

Back