K11 auto - CVT or N-CVT?

hi can anyone help me?

I have read as much as I can from your forum.

Bought a 2001 Micra 1.0l auto with 33k on the clock. All was well until you try and give it some kick down or try to go above 40/50mph. It feels like the clutch is slipping as the engine noise increases but it actually slows down until you back off the gas. So I was thinking it sounds like the magnetic clutch however I think this one is a ncvt model as I can't see the clutch brush holder anywhere.

Numbers on gearbox are NJ-TC46NHF1AA /621104

I was going to change the gearbox oil and filter if it's the torque converter type. If it's a magnetic clutch with brushes, I need to start there first

Oh the Engine light is on, and I can't get it to do the gearbox self diagnostic check. The engine light just stays on, no flashing.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help? Even establishing whether it's a torque converter type or magnetic clutch would be a start : )

Thanks

the torque converter type are post 2000 i believe, and the self diagnosis may only apply to obd1/magnetic models, have you tried an obd2 diagnosis ?

I had a similar problem. Not sure if it'll apply to you, but it's worth a try.

My Micra was doing the same when on a motorway, I had performance loss at high speeds. The revs would go up, but there wouldn't be any noticeable increase in speed. I also struggled uphill, with high revs and deceleration. I replaced the spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil & filter, cleaned the PCV valve and filter and the engine doesn't need to go anywhere near the revs it used to in order to transmit power to the wheels. And when it does rev high, it seems to transfer the power flawlessly.

I think mine was due to an overly-rich mixture, however, as the spark plugs and exhaust were carbon fouled, while the air filter was slightly oily. I blame the air filter for that situation, as it was quite dirty (if you have a car serviced by a mechanic, make sure you know how to check he's done it as I never used to know and he hadn't done it!).

Ever since I get full transference of power from engine to wheels. My guess is my problem was that the engine was revving up, taking in loads of fuel and little oxygen and just spewing all my fuel out the exhaust with minimal power. I was getting pretty bad mileage as well, though.

I would check these first before replacing the gearbox oil, although changing that is a good idea anyway.

Back