K11 Activ 1.4 GTI Brakes - Naff feel

Hi All, after much messing around I finally fitted the sunny Gti brakes I bought from a chap on here years ago. They needed 15mm spacers to clear the wheel with longer studs. My pressure bleeder did not fit the resevior so use the 2 man approach to bleeding. Not convinced they have bled correctly, I went round each brake in turn twice though, and the fluid was bubble free. I expected a bit more pedal travel with the slightly larger slave cylinder, but its really naff. Perhaps there is still some air in there but if not I'm really not impressed with this change and will probably go back to std discs.

Can anone else who has done the similar conversion comment on the pedal feel when using the std master cylinder? What load of effort for a long pedal.

Calipers- Sunny Gti
Discs and pads EBC, EBC green stuff.
Spacers Eibach pro 15mm per side.

rich

i have nissan pulsar gtir front brakes setup and there great and on standard master cylinder, i reckon i can do a stoppie if i really wanted too...

I found the pedal to be way to sensitive for my liking with GTI-R brakes and stock master cylinder. We now run the standard master cylinder without the servo and although the pedal load is more than stock, it's much better and very linear now.

initially when i fitted gtir front calipers with mintex pads, grooved discs and stock master cylinder, the brake pedal obviously travels further and stops just below the accelerator. i readjusted the pedal nut shaft as far as it'll go up then increase the accelerator bump stop to lower the acc pedal rest point and readjust the throttle cable.

then i bed the brakes in during a quiet night in country.

after bedding, the brakes felt weak at first but then gradually got grippier as the bed-in layer wears during normal driving. now the brakes feel awsome and more balancable due to longer stroke. during light braking it feels like normal but when pressing harder, there's that greater potential to brake harder and boy it stops, especially once heated up beforehand.

Thanks Pollyp, thats what I will do to even the travel on the pedals. They have been bled correctly now so I think I will leave them on.

Back