K11 1.4 CGA3DE - P0171

Just thinking, if cleaning the MAF helps as it seems to, is there something that's causing the MAF to foul? crappy air filter or I was thinking is the crank case breather bringing up some oil vapour (nope, that connects to the manifold on CG13, is it the same on CGAs? Yours is a relatively new engine correct? so shouldn't have much blowby anyway).

Reportedly oiled air filters can play havoc with hotwire MAF sensors you haven't got one do you?
Thanks for the response, the engine has just gone to 15471 so not many miles at all. I have no idea about the mechanisms around that area, I just kept cleaning them hoping for the best. Now that you mention it, the air filter does have an oil seal around the edge? Is that what you mean? I might replace the air filter now. Already replaced both lambda sensors and the maf! Not sure how much more this is going to cost me...

So I bought a tps off of amazon for around £12 and will whack that in to see if it makes a difference. I will also be going back to eurocarparts to see if I can exchange tha maf as it seems to be at fault again.

Apologies for the thread necro here but in need of some advice.

The car has started to judder and stall and I think this issue is back, what is the part code for the throttle body as I plan on getting that changed. Are there any other cars with the same one?

Thanks in advance

Any suggestions?

Changed out the maf again for another one and it seems better but it still idles erratically and pops and labours on wot as well as feathering it. Really annoying as I've lost count of how much I have spent on different sensors etc.

Back