so after chopping up the donor car and getting my 1.0 onto the drive I finnaly had time to fit the 1.4, along with replacing the gearbox, the cv boots, and the brakes.
What a difference the 1.4 makes a lot faster than first anticipated definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves.
image.jpeg
Also cleaned it for the first time in months, now the engine is sorted finnaly time to look at some aesthetic modifications!
image.jpeg

Yes. I do like the air temp. All my modern cars I've owned have had it. It's hidden in the mirror now since I changed the mirrors to retractable ones.

Yes. I do like the air temp. All my modern cars I've owned have had it. It's hidden in the mirror now since I changed the mirrors to retractable ones.
The retractable mirrors is another mod I'm very interested in, tbh I'm very interested in most of the car ahhaha

Forgot to mention I also drove around with the 1.4 ecu whilst still using the 1.0, it drove fine so must have very similar maps

Forgot to mention I also drove around with the 1.4 ecu whilst still using the 1.0, it drove fine so must have very similar maps
Yes they're very similar. Driving the 1.4 with the 1.0 ECU is not as great though. It's slightly down on power and under fuels on heavy acceleration. It's certainly drivable though if you'd done an engine swap but not got the 1.4 ECU at the time.

I never tried 1.4 engine with the 1.0 ecu as I swapped all electric before the engine swap, but I understand why that would be as the 1.4 ecu with 1.0 engine didn't have best mpg and was putting to much fuel in when accelerating but tbf I had a knackered maf etc so hard to tell
Yes they're very similar. Driving the 1.4 with the 1.0 ECU is not as great though. It's slightly down on power and under fuels on heavy acceleration. It's certainly drivable though if you'd done an engine swap but not got the 1.4 ECU at the time.

Do you think it maybe could solve itself after learning new lamda values
??

Back