k11 1.3 1999 RAC just been out

decided it does not want to start,happened sunday and monday,but started later in day (warmed up) wouldnt start today,got RAC out,weak spark,he closed plug gaps up,started okay and ran okay,he reckons i need new coil dizzy pack ??

its not had leads,rotor arm or plugs in 3 years !!!!:blush:

what is best way forward ??

I have a cheap autoelectrician locally who has worked on my primera and is trustworthy,should I just take it to him ??

many thanks

Easy enough and cheap enough to change plugs, leads, rotor arm etc yourself. might be worth that before shelling out for an hour of someones labour.

It needs them anyway and it might cure the problem.

Matt

aswell as ht leads and plus,would u go rotor arm?,rotor arm plus dizzy cap?,or just replace whole dizzy unit t approx £100 of ebay,ta

If you put an ad in wanted on here you will get a distributor for a lot less than £100 second hand !
Imho i would get a new cap and rotor arm and plugs and change these ... If still same symptoms go for second hand distributor and put new cap and rotor on that .....

If you do distributor replacement yourself mark the old unit nut locations (x2) with a felt marker which will give you a rough idea of where to set the new distributor .... although you must check the timing with as timing light asap or you can cause engine damage. It is an easy job .... long as you have a timing light ;)

timing ?

replaced leads,plugs,rotor arm and dissy cap,car starts first hit every go,cracking spark.......................but.....................

car has developed an occasional misfire on part throttle,missus says its worse when car is cold,I have driven it warm and it seems flat in 4th and 5th or uphill,although if you take it very high rpm it seems okay,is there a chance the new dissy cap may have slightly altered the timing or am I barking up wrong tree

the car never did this before I replaced parts,just had a weak spark and would occasinally not start from cold

many many thanks for the help already

HELP !!!!!!!

Back