K11 Fuel Problem

Hi. I;m new here. I've a problem with my Micra 998 Auto. I've tried Honest John and got some pointers as to a solution but the car will still not start. Someone suggested the experts on this site may be able to help. Here is the story cut and pasted from the other site.

This is the update but the Micra is still not starting. If I soak the air filter in petrol the engine will start and run and rev easily until the soaked filter runs out. About 15 secs. So I guess sparks etc are OK. There are no fault lights on the dash such as the NATS light or the engine fault code lights (check).) None of these lights are on when the engine is run with the soaked filter. The petrol pump in the tank was full of muck. I dismantled it and cleaned it all and it runs and primes the filter and fuel rail now. I can hear it running and it stops after about 5 secs until the engine is cranked and then it runs again.

The tank is about 1/4 full. I've removed one of the injectors and checked the pulses to the wiring. I put a small 12v buzzer on the leads and it buzzed on a regular basis as the engine cranked. I removed one of the injectors. Power to the injectors does not seem to do anything. I guess they work on a solenoid basis so I expected a slight click or thump as the power was applied but I don't know what to expect. Are they some sort of piezo crystal mechanism? The battery is fine and has started the car during work on it for the last two days. I've re-soldered the PCB connections on the throttle body although they looked fine and I know dry joints when I see them.

The distributor looks OK. I've cleaned the rotor arm and cover terminals, and as I said earlier with petrol on the filter it runs and revs. The TPS has been removed and turns OK but as its sealed thats all I can do. Some threads have mentioned the temperature sensor which seems to flood the system onj some cars if the engine is not warmed up but I don't know where that sensor is situated so help there would be appreciated. So I'm still convinced its just fuel to the cylinders but what's stopping it getting there I'm lost for ideas now. Someone has suggested the temperature sensor may be preventing the injectors working as they should. A mate has a WM for, I think this model, but he's in London until Monday so if no luck here I'll have to wait and see if the book helps. Thanks to all for reading or any future help. Paul

i had a problem with my fueling, turned out i had water in my tank, nut read through this thread and see if you see anything.?

Could you have a loss in pressure somewhere, and have you changed the fuel filter? have you taken the plugs out to see what state they are in?
As i found, with the injecters even if one is broke it will still run and you would hear what cylinder isnt exploding.

Anyway, have a read through that and or wait for frank to post. lol :D

Anyway, have a read through that and or wait for frank to post. lol :D

lol i,ll try, but dont hold your breath :wasntme:
i would have thought you would be able to hear the injectors click ?, maybe the notorious injector fuse (near the battery) is,nt letting enough amperage through to fire the injectors (but will fire the buzzer ok ?)

Id check the fuel filter incase its become clogged and also have a spy at the fuel pressure regulator also incase thats gone bad.

Two easiest options imo. Only other way would to use a gauge on the fuel lines to double check pressures.

The auto does have an switch to stop it starting in certain gears, but if you can start it with petrol fumes it shouldnt be that, as it kills the actual ignition (wont even crank over).

Back