K11 Wont Start - Faulty NATS?

My brothers 93 k11 wouldnt start, so i replaced the plugs, leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap as they looked to be in a bad way, but the car refused to start.
I tried again the next day and it started first try, however the car would idle erratically and sometimes stall as well as displaying the warning light. I was told it was probably the maf sensor so I fitted a second hand unit, but this didnt solve the problem. When the engine was running i disconnected the lambda sensor and noticed the car ran perfectly smooth, so left it disconnected until I could sort out a new one as he needed the car for work. Any way 2 days later the car began stalling again until eventually it would only run for about 5 seconds at a time and then not at all. Unfortunately I didnt realize it was possible to read the error code by shorting the pins together until after the car died, so i checked the code and get 14 long 1 short and 14 long 2 short flashes. I read somewhere that this means the nats system is at fault and the car will need to be taken to nissan to be reprogrammed. Does this sound correct and does anyone know how much nissan charge for this kind of thing? Cheers.

Check the fuel pump fuse and holder in the fusebox in front of the battery.

I had the same problem with the 14 flashes and a leg had corroded off of the fuel pump fuse.

I checked all the fuses and they are ok,also I can also hear the fuel pump start when I turn the key. I tried a replacement lambda sensor but it didnt help. It looks like the cars going to the scrap yard as I dont have the time to mess about with it and cant afford to take it anywhere. I would rather just spend a bit extra and buy a car I know goes.Its a shame as its a clean little car and my bro aint even paid me for it yet :suspect: .

Back