Just been given a J Reg Micra K10 1.0l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I have just been given this car from my granddad, he has used it as a run around for a few years, now he has upgraded, and because im turning 17 soon I have now got it.

Where's the best place to start to increase performance?

And is there any good websites to have K10 Parts that i can look through?

Cheers
Andy

you will struggle to insure performance mods on your first car! insurance companys wouldnt touch me with just 15" alloys on!

Lol you're not even 17 and you want to upgrade for performance? :p

Perhaps you should get some experience before you get your handy dirty, no?

I wasnt on about anything significant, just little tweaks and ive got insurance down to £500.

Also can anybody tell me emission limits apply to this car?

Cheers
Andy

Carry on and mod if you want mate, i did and never looked back :)

I wrote up a "parts" page in the K10 section, the "READ ME" stuff ;)

Try www.elephant.co.uk add 2 older additional women drivers, with no claims and mod away saved me over £1000

Hope this helps and welcome :)

I wasnt on about anything significant, just little tweaks and ive got insurance down to £500.

Also can anybody tell me emission limits apply to this car?

Cheers
Andy

No emmisions test on k10s they are too old!
And welcome to the club (Y)

They do a check on the emmisions as i watched them do it on my red one on friday, but pretty sure its only to see if there is something really wrong or not

They do a check on the emmisions as i watched them do it on my red one on friday, but pretty sure its only to see if there is something really wrong or not

yeh, pre-cat cars have to be below 3.5%CO (the same as my lpg) :)

yes but my k11 has just bin and it was over but then the m.o.t guy reved the nuts of it nd it came down dnt worry bwt them get it modded nd dnt tell the insureance

Thanks Guys,
Where do you suggest I start?

I am thinking of spraying the dash and centre console as they are that murky brown colour, which I don't like! :)

Cheers
Andy

yes but my k11 has just bin and it was over but then the m.o.t guy reved the nuts of it nd it came down dnt worry bwt them get it modded nd dnt tell the insureance

Can you please not use text speak it is not always that easy to read and please don't start making comments like don't tell your insurance company you never know who is on here reading this and people have been banned for saying comments like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back