Just got a free K10 so I'm back here...

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Hi Everybody!

I feel like I've gone full circle. I started out inheriting my Nan's gold K10 eight years ago (my first car... it was not cool) and I've just been given an '87 white 1.0 colette for free because the clutch has gone. I figured I've done a few jobs on my old Subaru inc. replacing the driveshafts so I'm already 1/3 of the way there. What I didn't know until I towed it home was that it had only done 31k miles and was mint inside with only a few knocks on the outside!

So being a struggling student (again), I thought I'd ditch my mkIV GT TDI golf, pay off my overdraft and drive around in this little beige box of laughs. I've got a few plans for it already: replace shocks & springs (lower 35mm or more), add some front fogs, smarten up the steel rims, maybe give the headlights some yellow lamin-x bulbs, K&N filter (if it turns out it is actually makes any difference). Also need to give it a good service, replace the rear bumper and a bit of spit and polish. I'm loving the old school feel in it. I still remember the smell of my old K10 (except this one is missing the smell of my nan's feet). Even thinking about leaving the old radio in it. It's not that ambitious compared to what I've seen on here but I'm on a budget and it's in such good condition that I'd hate to ruin the classic feel trying to get it to look like a 90's buzz box.

Well I've got an essay I should be doing now but once that's in on Thursday I'm getting the axel stands out and going to town on that clutch! Looking forward to getting to know everybody here and digesting some pearls of wisdom.

OP
OP
dg_unit

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Here's a few pictures of my free car. Bit annoyed with it at the moment trying to get at the clutch but I'm sure it will come good. It looks dirty but the interior is immaculate and the bodywork is pretty much spot on as well. Not bad for 23 years.
attachment.php

album.php

attachment.php